• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Man Of Iron

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tend to wear a shirt to work- even if it's a casual style they still need ironing. Looking creased is just poor form for a chap...
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I think washing and ironing clothes is responsible for 20% pf the global warming.
      avoid it

Comment

Ive no idea where there figure of 20 pre cent was derived from - but as Ive now read it on the Internet I will take that as Gospel - and can now transform my laziness into a form of smug environmental superiority.

Did you know that Albert Einstien didnt wear socks ?

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
          I think washing and ironing clothes is responsible for 20% pf the global warming.
          avoid it
          This is only true if it's done in the Ionosphere

igmc

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            I live ironing free. I put my dirty clothes on the floor, and they reappear magically in my wardrobe, cleaned and pressed.
            Still iving with Mum huh?

Comment

Originally posted by JoJoGabor View Post
              Still iving with Mum huh?
              My mum wouldn't iron my stuff. I had to wash and iron my own clothes from the age of about 12 onwards. Hence I was always dirty and crumpled. Her argument was that I would be going to Uni one day and would have to learn sometime! 12!
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I wear suit, shirt, tie to work. Suit gets dry cleaned so doesn't need to be ironed. I usually iron two weeks worth of shirts at a time, and can normally rattle through them in an hour and a bit. I guess that's 6-7 minutes per shirt. Piece of cake when you get going. I usually stick on a movie or some music to make it less mind numbingly dull.
                Everything else, apart from the odd weekend shirt, I'm happy to wear slightly creased and allow my body heat to slowly flatten out the creases.

Comment

Working...
                X