• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Have you eaten in a little chef"

Collapse

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    boo!
    A little cruel but...

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    boo!

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    I don't eat at fast food joints or have takeaways since my health problems last year. If I'm travelling I tend to take fruit and sandwiches and avoid these types of places like the plague.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    used to eat there with my parents (and siblings) occasionally when I was a kid and we were on the way back/to somewhere. Never remember them being that bad back then (early 80's)

Had an olympic breakfast a few years ago at a 24hour little chef near Dover (it was the only place open at 3am), as breakfasts go it was pretty good. Still, judging by the state of the staff and the restaurant I wouldn't want to chance it again

Leave a comment:

• lightng
    replied
    Nice one. LOL.

Leave a comment:

• thelace
    replied
    When I used to be a technical manager, used to get dragged round the country solving reps problems for me and we invariably ended up eating at these places

The food was at best edible, and I put on pounds. I was embarrassed to say I could order without seeing the menu

The only exeption was with a sales manager in the south east He reckoned he wouldn't feed his dogs the food that served there so we always ended up having expense account lunches in Michelin starred restaurants

I still put on the pounds though!

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    http://russelldavies.typepad.com/pho...happyeater.jpg

Leave a comment:

• lightng
    replied
    Anyone remember the company logo for the Happy Eater restaurants? It looked like someone sticking their finger down their throat. I'm sure that wasnt the original intention.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    Did you see that bit on Big Chef Little Chef where some woman complained that there were no pictures of the food on the menu, claiming that some of the clientele probably could not read?
    nuff said, innit

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Did you see that bit on Big Chef Little Chef where some woman complained that there were no pictures of the food on the menu, claiming that some of the clientele probably could not read?

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    crap poll - I have eaten in a little thief very occasionally, but every time I do it I remember why I don't.

All that is great about UK motorway services, low quality of food and service at a premium price.

At worse they can be like eating in a toilet

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    crap options
    like the food?

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by NetwkSupport View Post
    wheres the option for "eaten there once and will never again"
    Ditto.

Expensive and horrible. Full of people who make you feel slightly grubby just by being in the same room.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Occasionally. The breakfasts are generally good, as is the coffee, although over priced.

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    crap options

Leave a comment:

Working...
X