• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have you eaten in a little chef

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you see that bit on Big Chef Little Chef where some woman complained that there were no pictures of the food on the menu, claiming that some of the clientele probably could not read?

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
      Did you see that bit on Big Chef Little Chef where some woman complained that there were no pictures of the food on the menu, claiming that some of the clientele probably could not read?
      nuff said, innit
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Anyone remember the company logo for the Happy Eater restaurants? It looked like someone sticking their finger down their throat. I'm sure that wasnt the original intention.

Comment

http://russelldavies.typepad.com/pho...happyeater.jpg
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

When I used to be a technical manager, used to get dragged round the country solving reps problems for me and we invariably ended up eating at these places

The food was at best edible, and I put on pounds. I was embarrassed to say I could order without seeing the menu

The only exeption was with a sales manager in the south east He reckoned he wouldn't feed his dogs the food that served there so we always ended up having expense account lunches in Michelin starred restaurants

I still put on the pounds though!
            'elf and safety guru

Comment

Nice one. LOL.

Comment

used to eat there with my parents (and siblings) occasionally when I was a kid and we were on the way back/to somewhere. Never remember them being that bad back then (early 80's)

Had an olympic breakfast a few years ago at a 24hour little chef near Dover (it was the only place open at 3am), as breakfasts go it was pretty good. Still, judging by the state of the staff and the restaurant I wouldn't want to chance it again
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

I don't eat at fast food joints or have takeaways since my health problems last year. If I'm travelling I tend to take fruit and sandwiches and avoid these types of places like the plague.

Comment

boo!
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                      boo!
                      A little cruel but...
                      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                      X