• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Obama poll

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Obama poll"

Collapse

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    or his shaven headed brother?
    ..who is the very sexy Principle Woods from Buffy.

Also a bit of a ....but no Almeida!!!

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    I hope he will be just like President Palmer

Yumm!
    Oh my god - Tony Almeida is back!!!! I've nearly chaffed my knees I've been rubbing them so hard!!!

Leave a comment:

• Nicky G
    replied
    It is likely that Obama will be tested by a terrorist attack that surpasses 9/11 within the next 6 months (Clinton and Bush 43 were both tested early on). How he deals with this will make or break him.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    A reasonable summation of style over substance Mash_view .

Leave a comment:

• PM-Junkie
    replied
    Originally posted by FSM with Cheddar View Post
    WHS

At long last there is someone that acknowledges things are screwed, and is actually is listening to his advisers.

Even if he can't achieve all that he has said he will, at least he is heading in the right direction and is pragmatic about it. Bush would have continued down the neo-con idealistic route, which is distinctly lacking of rationalism.
    Politics aside, watching Obama in full flow leaves me deeply embarrassed at our own leaders, from all parties.

I mean, look at them. They're not exactly "inspiring" are they?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by FSM with Cheddar View Post
    I like the fact you grouped Brown and Mugabe together, not sure which is worse.
    One had caused huge runaway inflation by printing money and the other hasn't. Yet.

Leave a comment:

• FSM with Cheddar
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    He cannot be as incompetent as Gordon Brown or Robert Mugabe.
    I like the fact you grouped Brown and Mugabe together, not sure which is worse.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Your view on this man
    He cannot be as incompetent as Gordon Brown or Robert Mugabe, so he should avoid relegation.

Leave a comment:

• FSM with Cheddar
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post

Overall I'm optimistic that he will make a difference.
    WHS

At long last there is someone that acknowledges things are screwed, and is actually is listening to his advisers.

Even if he can't achieve all that he has said he will, at least he is heading in the right direction and is pragmatic about it. Bush would have continued down the neo-con idealistic route, which is distinctly lacking of rationalism.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
    I had a dream - in December that I was reading his obituary in a newspaper in ther report altough I cannot recall the exact context - the number 42 was relevant - perhsp he will die on his 42nd week or monht of the presidency or in the 42nd state or by 42 bullets..
    I have to agree, I don't think he'll last long. I don't wish him any harm, I just think that in a country where firearms are freely available, and there are enough nutters to fill Jerry Springer's (etc.) show each week, it only take one to 'get lucky'.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    I noticed they announced him as Barrack 'aich' Obama

They really didn't want to say Hussain, wonder why?

Leave a comment:

• ace00
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    It's not the man at the top who holds the power but those around him.
    I agree - I was leaning towards the "Tony Blair" option before I saw who he was putting in the top jobs and I think there's some excellent people there, not least Clinton which was a great move, IMO.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Your view on this man
    Having listened to the inaugural speech he sounds like he is taking America in a new direction from that followed by Bush.

Conciliation, reconciliation and communication seem to be his focus rather than Bush's "with us or against us" view.

He's saying he wants to talk to those in the Muslim world who are willing to talk but wont back down from those that want to carry on fighting.

He's made it clear the economy is a mess and can't be fixed over night, but he did commit to spending government money on infrastructure - Roads, Bridges, communications etc. Something that America badly needs and which will stimulate the economy far more than throwing money at the banks.

He's been given a hospital pass by the outgoing administration and he knows it. Fortunately for him so does the rest of the country and that will buy him the time he needs to prove whether he can make it work or not.

Overall I'm optimistic that he will make a difference. If the US can rehabilitate itself with the world, that has knock on benefits for us as the country most closy identified as America's ally.
    Last edited by DaveB; 21 January 2009, 12:00.

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Happy all the neo-con nutters are mostly gone. Let the US go back to the kind country it once was.

I was thinking about this last night...whilst wife was screaming at me for the fourth time that night...Has 9/11 contributed to the ability of a African-American to become President and is this just a one off?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Not exactly many options here. One stupid positive one and the rest are negative... where's the "might do OK" option
    Did you notice who posted the poll?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X