• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Advertising Standards Authority finds against contractoruk"

Collapse

• administrator
    replied
    Just as a final update... unfortunately we had to complain for libel to Contractor Calculator since their reporting (and misleading press releases) went well beyond the ruling of the ASA. Significant changes have been made to the reporting of the ruling as a result and this week there is also a clarification on the Contractor Calculator site.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/image...rification.jpg

Thanks to everyone on here for their kind words of support (and those received by email too). They are much appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    move over bi.

i'm on top of the world ma!

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    up to Unlimited Visitors*

* fair usage policy applies

Double Standards Authority. Funnily enough, they came up on the course I was on yesterday. Both me and another attendee had written to them to complain about the fish-hook-in-the-face anti-smoking adverts. Honest, I'm not a complainer, it's just that I clipped a high kerb entering a motorway service station because that poster suddenly came into my line of sight going round the bend to the car park. The response to the 1000+ complaints was "It's in your own interest and the government did it so it's OK."

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    all a bit sad really

Tell the ASA from now on you will advertise 'up to Unlimited Visitors*' and see if they are willing to do anything.

If you have 3rd party logs that should be the end of it. Sounds like the ASA still don't understand the interweb thingy yet.

Make sure ContractorAbacus.com don't trip over their toys as they get out of their pram.

* fair usage policy applies

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Originally posted by bobhope View Post
    Where do you find the time to play games?

I looked in my schedule for game-playing space: couldn't find any.
    take your schedule, find the "spend time with the missus" slot and swap it for a "frag space marines slot".

Hth

Leave a comment:

• bobhope
    replied
    Where do you find the time to play games?

I looked in my schedule for game-playing space: couldn't find any.

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Good old wikipedia...
    The saviour of a childs homework.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
    You raise a good point, and in the absence of a good answer I will refer you to that tome of mostly reliable knowledge, wikipedia, and the entry for Pre-order.
    Good old wikipedia...

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
    So whereas when you order something online, and they take your money, and then it doesn't turn up for a month, then you chase it and threaten them, then CityNick delivers a "while you were out card" as opposed to...

when you pre-order something online, they take your money and then it doesn't turn up for a month you're not surprised and so don't get all stressed.

I suppose that's a kind of progress.
    Yes, it's the friendly face of online fraud.

I went to a CityLink depot yesterday - at least to a location where there used to be a CityLink depot. It wasn't there though - perhaps someone stole it?

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    You raise a good point, and in the absence of a good answer I will refer you to that tome of mostly reliable knowledge, wikipedia, and the entry for Pre-order.
    So whereas when you order something online, and they take your money, and then it doesn't turn up for a month, then you chase it and threaten them, then CityNick delivers a "while you were out card" as opposed to...

when you pre-order something online, they take your money and then it doesn't turn up for a month you're not surprised and so don't get all stressed.

I suppose that's a kind of progress.

Thank you for the explanation. It had been bothering me for a little while.

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
    What is the difference between "pre-ordered" and "ordered"?

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Just pre-ordered that from Game last night. Erm, for the kids.
    What is the difference between "pre-ordered" and "ordered"?

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
    Wonderful games, although SoulStorm was a bit of a disappointment with the Dark Eldar having no gateways....

Looking forward to DoW2
    Just pre-ordered that from Game last night. Erm, for the kids.

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Wonderful games, although SoulStorm was a bit of a disappointment with the Dark Eldar having no gateways....

Looking forward to DoW2

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Dawn of War perchance?
    Indeedy. Got it in Woollies for under quid.

Look after the pennies, and pounds are looked after by the Missus.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X