• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advertising Standards Authority finds against contractoruk

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I wouldn't bother.........
    Wish I'd seen that earlier.

There are some interesting thoughts over there about the ASA article, though. And lots of adverts.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Contractor UK View Post
      Frustrating? Yes. Will this decision (or indeed the inaccuracies written about this decision on other sites) deter us? No.
      Simple answer.

Wait till March. Get ABCe to audit them and CUK here. Its like celebrity boxing only with internet sites.

Comment

Plan B time.

Sockpuppet enterprises is willing to validate any visitor numbers you want.

1p per visitor.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
          I can only vouch for my comment, but it was posted with tongue firmly planted in cheek
          WHS

My comment was a sarcastic reference to the fact that ContractorCalculator were making a claim and it was they who objected to a CUK claim.
          Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Dave Chaplin, CEO, ContractorCalculator, says "Contracting: It’s not all about the money."
            When I was whingeing about ClientCo the other day - whilst shooting Eldar for entertainment - her Ladyship asks:

"So ... when does your current contract end?"

Zap. Dakka dakka dakka.

"Dunno. Errm. April 4th."

Boom. ... builds an armoury ...

<click> "We're going on a 2 week cruise starting the next day."

Woosh. Crash. Pow. Dakka dakka dakka.

"We are? OK."

Kaboom.

"Yes. I just booked it. Mediterranean. Suite with balcony."

... sends a bunch of space marines at their relic site...

"Good girl. I'll let the pimp know I'm not extending."

... takes out their leader with a well placed missile launcher / sniper scout team combination. Captain BrowneIssue FTW!

Noooo, it's not about the money. It's about making up your own conditions of service too.
            Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
              ...whilst shooting Eldar for entertainment...
              Dawn of War perchance?
              Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Dawn of War perchance?
                Indeedy. Got it in Woollies for under quid.

Look after the pennies, and pounds are looked after by the Missus.
                Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Wonderful games, although SoulStorm was a bit of a disappointment with the Dark Eldar having no gateways....

Looking forward to DoW2

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
                    Wonderful games, although SoulStorm was a bit of a disappointment with the Dark Eldar having no gateways....

Looking forward to DoW2
                    Just pre-ordered that from Game last night. Erm, for the kids.
                    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Just pre-ordered that from Game last night. Erm, for the kids.
                      What is the difference between "pre-ordered" and "ordered"?

Comment

Working...
                      X