• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What is your status?"

Collapse

• thelace
    replied
    What about 4 months into a 12 month contract?

Too focused ong the Doom

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I'm working but there is no fixed term, it continues until the application is finished.

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    i'm busy doing some plumbing.

just finishing my lunch first though - cheese and salad wrap.

time for another brew too.

contract status? got 13 days booked between now and june. next slot is last 4 days in the last week of jan. i'm actively looking. well, i would be if i wasn't replacing a sink.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    All very busy in Xeno World...

Leave a comment:

• ContractIn
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    If I've been on the bench for 4 months, don't I qualify for both of these?

* On the bench. 1 month or more?

* On the bench. >3 months or more?

And isn't ">3 months or more" a tautology?

I don't want to sound pedantic.
    Yes there are flaws in the poll. I didn't go through all scenarios and properly QA. Was also bored and wanted to get an idea of how drastic things are but seems like most who voted are bearing up at the moment!

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    They really are arn't they. Never had one before. Cos the clie^H^H^H^H my employers use Lotus notes for E-Mail new mail arrives on the Blackberry before it does on the PC and I find myself hauling it out to check it rather than waiting the 2 mins for the mail client to catch up!
    I've yet to experience the joys of RIM... (cough)
    Although if it's as addictive as my iPhone then I have a problem. Mind, it'll be the client contacting me (I refuse to use the E word yet, I feel sullied enough as it is) so I can ignore it freely. Lame having to carry multiple devices around.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    If I've been on the bench for 4 months, don't I qualify for both of these?

* On the bench. 1 month or more?

* On the bench. >3 months or more?

And isn't ">3 months or more" a tautology?

I don't want to sound pedantic.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    And then some... Just choosing my crackberry now,
    They really are arn't they. Never had one before. Cos the clie^H^H^H^H my employers use Lotus notes for E-Mail new mail arrives on the Blackberry before it does on the PC and I find myself hauling it out to check it rather than waiting the 2 mins for the mail client to catch up!

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    And then some... Just choosing my crackberry now, VPN getting sorted, etc.

My skillset is niche enough - contract searches now returning nada/zip/zilch on the usual boards, or permie roles paying way less than this.

Tin hat on, polyester ties at the ready, fleece as much training as humanly possible.
    That's the spirit!

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    How about "taking cover as a permie* for the next 18 months until the market picks up again"?

* What can I say, they backed up the money truck and threw in a load of decent benefits.
    And then some... Just choosing my crackberry now, VPN getting sorted, etc.

My skillset is niche enough - contract searches now returning nada/zip/zilch on the usual boards, or permie roles paying way less than this.

Tin hat on, polyester ties at the ready, fleece as much training as humanly possible.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    How long ago is "just had"?

I've just had a renewal a couple of weeks ago, but I'm also in the 3 month "soon" zone, but it's not soon enough to know whether I'd get another renewal.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by NetwkSupport View Post
    what about an option for "just started a 6 month'er"
    Originally posted by ContractIn View Post
    3 - 6 months
    So, if you've just started a 6 monther, then by this logic you fall into "contract ending soon" so you should choose one of the first two options.

Also, there is no option for "benched, under one month".

This poll is flawed in more ways than the CUK polls usually are.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    How about "taking cover as a permie for the next 18 months until the market picks up again"?
    Homelessness can't really be that bad, actually, especially if you go somewhere sunny.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    How about "taking cover as a permie* for the next 18 months until the market picks up again"?

* What can I say, they backed up the money truck and threw in a load of decent benefits.

Leave a comment:

• NetwkSupport
    replied
    what about an option for "just started a 6 month'er"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X