• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: My 13,000th post

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "My 13,000th post"

Collapse

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    I think that Xen has mentioned before that a forum he used to use elsewhere decided that because people focussed on their post count too much, they just hid it from everyone.

See my new thread

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Good idea. Not sure why next to a user it displays their post count. There seems to be little correlation between how many posts a user has made and how good they are.
    I think that Xen has mentioned before that a forum he used to use elsewhere decided that because people focussed on their post count too much, they just hid it from everyone.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Sas, if you really were/are AtW then I think you need to have a serious word with yourselves.
    The men with white coats are attending as we speak

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I think "atW" will not be appearing for a while
    Sas, if you really were/are AtW then I think you need to have a serious word with yourselves.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Didn't he get outed as a sockpuppet in the end? DP or Sas.
    I think "atW" will not be appearing for a while

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Indeed he was.

I wonder if there is an easy way to set it so that a users posts just don't count any more? That would be nice
    Good idea. Not sure why next to a user it displays their post count. There seems to be little correlation between how many posts a user has made and how good they are.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Wasn't chico denoted as such? Why not atw?
    Indeed he was.

I wonder if there is an easy way to set it so that a users posts just don't count any more? That would be nice

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    From the posts I read chico was a religious zealot/nutcase. He appeared to me to believe every word. But I am gullible.
    Didn't he get outed as a sockpuppet in the end? DP or Sas.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    The problem is that Chico was an obvious troll and posting as a wind up. AtW actually believes what he posts. Although I agree that most should come with a disclaimer of some sorts.
    From the posts I read chico was a religious zealot/nutcase. He appeared to me to believe every word. But I am gullible.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    The problem is that Chico was an obvious troll and posting as a wind up. AtW actually believes what he posts. Although I agree that most should come with a disclaimer of some sorts.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    LR

Of course, if LR posts counted, then there would be a lot more people on 13k or more....

Or alternatively, if all of AtW's lunch threads were moved to LR, he'd be back to "Not worth listening to"
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    He never deviated from that description IMHO.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    if all of AtW's lunch threads were moved to LR, he'd be back to "Not worth listening to"
    He never deviated from that description IMHO.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    You do know that he can continue to post in TPD without getting to 13K...
    LR

Of course, if LR posts counted, then there would be a lot more people on 13k or more....

Or alternatively, if all of AtW's lunch threads were moved to LR, he'd be back to "Not worth listening to"

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    ...and Churchill ensures that AtW has another ten posts to go before 12,999 by getting two threads deleted
    I bet if you posted it there would be no issue. you seem to be able to post anything!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
    Originally posted by Betty View Post
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Expect a sudden upsurge in posts by obvious sockpuppets, folks
    Well done AtW, we love you!
    Looks like it's started already
    It'll all be gone in the morning, once the admins (who are, FWIW, distinct in their role from the mods) read Churchill's post - funnily enough, they don't actually run these forums for the purpose of dealing with injunctions obtained by people who, rightly or wrongly, have an axe to grind

Leave a comment:

Working...
X