• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Good online IT supplier"

Collapse

• wc2
    replied
    I use a few different companies for kit these include

Micro-p (Not the cheapest but really reliable)
    MT Electronics - Very little choice (But dirt cheap)
    Bluepoint (Massive choice not bad prices)

All the above require a trade account

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    I've just bought a box from Overclockers, very prompt delivery but now I need to sort out a dodgy 'video device' (no driver and no idea what make it is; ladymuck is unique ) so I'll let you know how I got on.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by ~Craig~
    a few thousand each month?
    I spend millions each month.

Xeno in "something threaded might post" mode

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Never had a problem with Microdirect apart from them regularly sending me a catalogue I don't want.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Just placed order for 3 hard drives at MicroDirect -- price was good and Dabs did not have those I wanted in stock anyway -- they'd better be good!

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn
    Ladymuck are you really a lady, or merely a lady in the "but we're laydies" sense. I've never known a real bird to build PC in their spare time. Or am I being a sexist tw@t? Answers please...
    Bless! Yes I am a real laydee! I get that quite a lot to be honest, it doesn't bother me, it's like a kind of low-grade notoriety! I build all my own kit, servers and everything. Haven't bought anything off the shelf for about 5 years or more.

Leave a comment:

• el_guapo
    replied
    IT Suppliers

Hi,

I've found:

<http://www.komplett.co.uk/k/k.asp>

to be very good.

Cheers

Raoul

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck
    Novatech aren't bad for more retail type stuff. I have used scan but have been slightly miffed by their service on occasion. Used to use dabs quite a lot but they're not always competitve on price.

My pc builds are all custom jobbies, more of a hobby than a serious part of my business so a lot of my components come from quietpc and overclockers, probably not the best of places for your volumes.
    Ladymuck are you really a lady, or merely a lady in the "but we're laydies" sense. I've never known a real bird to build PC in their spare time. Or am I being a sexist tw@t? Answers please...

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Aria

www.aria.co.uk - very helpful, good prices. Do Dell bits as well.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Novatech aren't bad for more retail type stuff. I have used scan but have been slightly miffed by their service on occasion. Used to use dabs quite a lot but they're not always competitve on price.

My pc builds are all custom jobbies, more of a hobby than a serious part of my business so a lot of my components come from quietpc and overclockers, probably not the best of places for your volumes.

Leave a comment:

• ~Craig~
    replied
    a few thousand each month?

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    "MicroDirect is where I gets me computer hardware stuff mostly."

Me also, and scan.co.uk. They sometimes have some pretty good offeres on their today only page.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    MicroDirect is where I gets me computer hardware stuff mostly.

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    started a topic Good online IT supplier

Good online IT supplier

OK - I use ebuyer, and spend a few £1000 each month with them, but they are letting me down, faulty items, deliverys not turning up on time ect. so who do others use, there must be a better supplier.

Working...
X