• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Working Xmas Eve

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Working Xmas Eve"

Collapse

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Hevra View Post
    In at 6.30am, home by about 7pm looking at workload.

I want to be a contractor

H
    Move along permie.

Nothing to see here except gloating contractors.

Leave a comment:

• bellymonster
    replied
    Just been given a full bottle of decent bubbly to sup and my desk, several mince pies at to top it all had a 6 month extension confirmed.

Supposedly gotta work til 6 but there are very few people left now so I reckon I'll be out of here by 4.

Leave a comment:

• Hevra
    replied
    In at 6.30am, home by about 7pm looking at workload.

I want to be a contractor

H

Leave a comment:

• Svalbaard
    replied
    I got in at 8, 3 teas and 1 phone call - off in about 2 minutes. Admin signed my timesheet for the whole day. Result!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• teclo
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I get paid for a day even if I only get 30 minutes signed for.
    How do you swing that??

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    I just sent my timesheet to client boss for approval which was has a finish time of 5PM, I have been informed that the site closes at 1:30 so I will need to adjust it to reflect this.

I rang the Agency for advice (the infamous Global Tech Solutions) who basically said tough, when I said they should be backing their contractors on this I was told I had a bad attitude. My contract states a professional working day FFS, it's not my fault if their permies want to treat it as a holiday (they wont be penalised I might add).

Anyone else getting similar ‘good will’ from their client??
    I get paid for a day even if I only get 30 minutes signed for.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Working from home today, Not because I have to, I'm bored and off til Jan 5th.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    I just sent my timesheet to client boss for approval which was has a finish time of 5PM, I have been informed that the site closes at 1:30 so I will need to adjust it to reflect this.

I rang the Agency for advice (the infamous Global Tech Solutions) who basically said tough, when I said they should be backing their contractors on this I was told I had a bad attitude. My contract states a professional working day FFS, it's not my fault if their permies want to treat it as a holiday (they wont be penalised I might add).

Anyone else getting similar ‘good will’ from their client??
    No but I am in a similar situation to yourself so am going to amend my time to 14:00.

Will see if I get paid the full day when I invoice my agency.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Some of my tantrums dont work.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post

Oh come on you miserable old git - say something festive!!!!!
    The permie boss is now in a piss, he has sent me a list as long as my arm of things that he would like me to do if I am going to stay.

He is without doubt the biggest knob head I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with, if the market wasn't so bad I would have told him where to stick it but I am a professional so I won’t.

Leave a comment:

• tim123
    replied
    Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    Client contact has told us to bill for the whole day but no so sure how his superiors will view this seeing as they've sent round an email tyelling everyone to go home at 12:30...

As a gesture of goodwill said agency have downgraded our work on Saturday to regular time. This is is due to the fact that the contract states that overtime rates are only applicable after the standard 37.5 hours for the week have been worked - and they start the working week on a Saturday....

[fastshowjazzclub]Nnnnnnnnnnnnnice![/fastshowjazzclub]

So the dilemma is, client contact has told us to bill the whole day, however we think that it might not be wise....
    And some contractors wonder why they're seen as money grabbing ********

tim

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    Unfortunately sometimes we all get tarred with the same brush.
    That's what worries me - the PM for this project just resigned because of general disorganisation and carp communication, so his boss is coming in next year to shake things up. I've heard through the grapevine that he's got his sights set on 'those guys in the build room'...

We've yet to invoice for the first month as well and this other guy is going to bill for the most hours, several of which he hasn't worked for.

We're working in a bank in a credit crunch FFS, someone somewhere will be adding up our invoices and looking at what they're getting for it

Just got to keep my nose as clean as I can!

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    I only hope this doesn't have a negative effect on me
    Unfortunately sometimes we all get tarred with the same brush.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by deano View Post
    I am.
    Yep

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Merry flipin Christmas, great start.

Oh come on you miserable old git - say something festive!!!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X