• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working Xmas Eve

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    But that's like saying you're claiming for a day on Xmas Day too, as why should you be penalised for them closing the site.
    Nope - Xmas day is a bank holiday.

You have to use a degree of common sense surely.
    Why? It's Christmas!

Comment

I have no idea if they close the office early here or not, well out of the loop in terms of client's global emails. I haven't noticed anything on their intranet and hoping to get a full day in (until 2.30PM anyway) and I'll be billing a full day after working extra hours yesterday in order to leave early today.

Comment

Well I just found out that we finish at 3pm but I've been told I can bill a full day which will give me a couple of hours for free.

Comment

I have just turned up for work at nearly 11am. I'm told we are all going home at 12. Billing full day
          Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
            I have just turned up for work at nearly 11am. I'm told we are all going home at 12. Billing full day
            No way!!!!!

You lot give contractors a bad name!!!

We'll compare this thread to those people getting binned throughout the next few months!
            (Not that I'm hoping that happens to any of yous mind).
            The pope is a tard.

Comment

Hmmmm - I rarely agree with agents, but...

You're only working half a day, so you should only charge for half a day. I dont think the client or the agent have done anything wrong here. Why do you expect money for free?!

Sorry hun - dont like siding with "those people".
              If I had known this beforehand I wouldn't have driven 60 flipping miles to get here, I would have had the whole day off.

Even then I would have had to tell them I was sick as I am the only one covering a site of 500, I fecking hate this gig, if the rate wasn't so pathetic I'd live with it... and the agency are spineless knobs.

Merry feckin Christmas, great start.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

No way!!!!!

You lot give contractors a bad name!!!

We'll compare this thread to those people getting binned throughout the next few months!(Not that I'm hoping that happens to any of yous mind).
                I've got that firmly in mind seeing as one of the other contractors on this project hasn't even turned up today (but will bill for it), also turns up at 9:15-9:30 each day but bills from 8 (because I'm billing from 8 (and turning up at 8 swiping in with my pass)).

I only hope this doesn't have a negative effect on me and my current ability to bill an extra hour each day
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                  Merry flipin Christmas, great start.

Oh come on you miserable old git - say something festive!!!!!
                  The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by deano View Post
                    I am.
                    Yep
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                      I only hope this doesn't have a negative effect on me
                      Unfortunately sometimes we all get tarred with the same brush.
                      The pope is a tard.

Comment

Working...
                      X