• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Power cut in Nottingham"

Collapse

• cojak
    replied
    PS.

Although I ain't that old - it came a bit early....

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by PAH View Post
    You don't look old enough for the menopause. You could make a fortune selling whatever anti-ageing cream you use, it seems to actually work.

Maybe it's all those lollies!
    You say the nicest things PAH!

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Anyway, the dodgy looking geezer I bought it from said I need 4" diameter beeswax candles "you know guv, like the ones they use in cathedrals" .

I feel for those bees. I bet they were in tears passing those candles. Explains why they keep bumping into things, they're still all wonky, can't fly straight.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    That ship sailed long ago, Dear...

You don't look old enough for the menopause. You could make a fortune selling whatever anti-ageing cream you use, it seems to actually work.

Maybe it's all those lollies!

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Is it like that with Mrs PAH then?
    Nah, candles play havoc with her plastics. Must get one of those posh jap blow up dolls. Some are quite lifelike, in the dark.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    I bought a huge three-foot tall ornate brass ewer candle holder for £150 in a car boot sale last year. It's so heavy I can barely lift it. Must weigh 100 pounds at least.

It has cherubs in relief all round the side who seem to be playing out some story, like Trajan's column, although I can't quite make out what's going on.

There are lots of bunches of grapes, so maybe they're getting pissed. But where do all the doves fit in. Are they pigeon fanciers too?

Anyway, the dodgy looking geezer I bought it from said I need 4" diameter beeswax candles "you know guv, like the ones they use in cathedrals"

So I'm quite looking forward to power cuts down here. It'll be a great chance to try it out.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I like his style. One way of solving the "I prefer to shag you with the lights out, you've totally let yourself go since we were married" situation.
    Is it like that with Mrs PAH then?

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    I like his style. One way of solving the "I prefer to shag you with the lights out, you've totally let yourself go since we were married" situation.
    I must say that candlelight works wonders...

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    So, a special delivery in September then, eh...
    That ship sailed long ago, Dear...

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    It was very romantic after the first flash of panic...

Sitting in the living room dotted with candles,with hubby without the lure of the telly or the PC

(I'd just run out on the payg mbb... )

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    started a topic Power cut in Nottingham

Power cut in Nottingham

It was very romantic after the first flash of panic...

Sitting in the living room dotted with candles,with hubby without the lure of the telly or the PC

(I'd just run out on the payg mbb... )

Working...
X