• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Sunday Dinner

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Sunday Dinner"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    Indeed, although I prefer my cauliflower on the crunchy side rather than mashed. Cauliflower cheese can be a good tasty and filling meal. Mature cheddar is a must, and you can add some zing with onions and finely chopped bacon. Mushrooms are a nice extra. All must be served with freshly ground black pepper of course.

Hey look - no mention of any supermarket or other brand name there!
    Yum

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by aussielong View Post
    mashed cauliflower is a nice alternative to pots.
    Indeed, although I prefer my cauliflower on the crunchy side rather than mashed. Cauliflower cheese can be a good tasty and filling meal. Mature cheddar is a must, and you can add some zing with onions and finely chopped bacon. Mushrooms are a nice extra. All must be served with freshly ground black pepper of course.

Hey look - no mention of any supermarket or other brand name there!
    Last edited by Sysman; 15 December 2008, 11:36.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
    you should be a chef
    that place is taken im afraid

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Francko View Post
    Sure, like real Atw's food threads are so different...
    They are - I almost never use Tesco and certainly no instant mashed potatoes...

Leave a comment:

• aussielong
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    What's the fascination the British have with telling everyone which supermarket their food came from?

I just don't get it.

Coincidentally, I had bangers and mash last night too, but here's my version:

Leberwurst and sliced onions in the bottom of a casserole dish.
    Freshly made mashed potato, salted and with nutmeg. Placed on top of the sausages.
    Cooked in the oven until the sausages and onions were bubbling nicely.
    The lid taken off for the last 10 or so minutes to give the mash a golden brown crust on top.
    Served with lightly boiled fresh green beans, still slightly crunchy.
    mashed cauliflower is a nice alternative to pots.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    What's the fascination the British have with telling everyone which supermarket their food came from?

I just don't get it.

Coincidentally, I had bangers and mash last night too, but here's my version:

Leberwurst and sliced onions in the bottom of a casserole dish.
    Freshly made mashed potato, salted and with nutmeg. Placed on top of the sausages.
    Cooked in the oven until the sausages and onions were bubbling nicely.
    The lid taken off for the last 10 or so minutes to give the mash a golden brown crust on top.
    Served with lightly boiled fresh green beans, still slightly crunchy.

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Your expertise at spotting a troll using a fake version of somebody else's user ID is on a par with his expertise in food
    Sure, like real Atw's food threads are so different...

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Francko View Post
    His expertise in food is on par with his knowledge of economics. A pity that he feels like he has to write something here about both.
    Your expertise at spotting a troll using a fake version of somebody else's user ID is on a par with his expertise in food

Leave a comment:

• Bright Spark
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW Super poster View Post
    Tesco Finest Cumbrian sausages.
    Instant mashed potatoes.
    Gravy

Waitrose Orange squash
    Yeh prison food is not what it used to be.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW Super poster View Post
    Instant mashed potatoes.
    Gravy

Waitrose Orange squash
    You really are a saddo by impersonating the biggest loser on the board!

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
    you should be a chef
    His expertise in food is on par with his knowledge of economics. A pity that he feels like he has to write something here about both.

Leave a comment:

• badger7579
    replied
    you should be a chef

Leave a comment:

• AtW Super poster
    started a topic Sunday Dinner

Sunday Dinner

Instant mashed potatoes.
    Gravy

Waitrose Orange squash