• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What is the world coming to?"

Collapse

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe1978 View Post
    how do you know he was a Yardie anywho?
    He just behaved like one cos' he is street innit, jagetme?... he obviously wasn't a real one or I'd be 6 feet under.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I'll take a large cone. gingerbread flavour

igmfc

It will be in Sainsburys near you soon......

Leave a comment:

• Joe1978
    replied
    how do you know he was a Yardie anywho?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    They outlawed protesting

This is the second time it has disbanded. I have no doubt it will be back. With the only decent bits being done by women.
    The head honcho is now making ice cream!
    I'll take a large cone. gingerbread flavour

igmfc

Leave a comment:

• wantacontract
    replied
    I do love it when sarcasm turns to irony.

He dosn't know where you live so how would he ever find you again?

Yardies are indeed very violent : hence lots of enemies and they/police will never know who does anything to upset them!

You should leave the uk : but remember when you get there it might be full of foreigners. Though I believe Jamaica is a good place to live.....

(is if that icon is necessary - but dont want you getting upset)
    dude, he says he picks up his kids from school there.....not a good idea....

then again, you'r right in saying they have so many enemies, they won't know who it is...

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by PAH View Post
    Have they finally outlawed impersonating a superhero?
    They outlawed protesting

seriously ?
    This is the second time it has disbanded. I have no doubt it will be back. With the only decent bits being done by women.
    The head honcho is now making ice cream!

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    f4j is no more......
    seriously ?

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    f4j is no more......

Have they finally outlawed impersonating a superhero?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    arrg jim lad.

are you the f4j guy who posts comments on bbc hys ?

f4j is no more......

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    A couple of gigs ago, I worked with a young lady from Brazil. It was at a time when school bullying was in the news.
    She genuinely did not understand the concept of kids bullying other kids. The shock on her face was clear.

The Brazilian police like to nip the problem in the bud.

Nice post threaded, it sort of confirms what I suspected, nowhere seems to escape the general degradation of society, it's unravelling around our feet.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Sounds to me like a good start to a Friday story.......
    arrg jim lad.

are you the f4j guy who posts comments on bbc hys ?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    A couple of gigs ago, I worked with a young lady from Brazil. It was at a time when school bullying was in the news.
    She genuinely did not understand the concept of kids bullying other kids. The shock on her face was clear.

Sounds to me like a good start to a Friday story.......

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by dinker View Post
    1997 was the right time to emigrate.
    Amen to that.

Well, if you're a techie, you only need English in Denmark realistically. So here's one place, and if you don't live in the city the people are generally much nicer than the UK. They often say they want Danish as well, but that's mostly just the lazy excuse they give if they don't want you, but can't be bothered to think of something better.

But for arseholes, Denmark isn't much better. Except here they don't speak English (or comprehensible Danish for that matter) so you generally don't know what is upsetting them.

The general level of low level violence in Copenhagen is quite high compared to the UK. There's always someone you see when wandering about the office with a black eye. But you can generally avoid it, if you know what to do.

This time of year being on your own on a lonely stretch of road in the dark is generally asking for a car full of drunks to pull up and give you a beating. Luckily I'm on a bike and most times can make my escape. Others I know have not been so lucky, and only a few days ago a chap was stabbed to death for no better reason than he was on his own, waiting to cross the road.

If you're on a train you do not speak, otherwise they can hear you're a foreigner and that is asking to be attacked. With obvious foreign looking guys getting it worse.

Driving a car about in Copenhagen is an utter nightmare. You'd think with the fantastic price of cars here they'd take care, and there isnt that much traffic really so there's no need for the stress level, but no, it is a war zone. On my cycle commute I regularly come across the remains of serious traffic accidents and actually capture on my helmet camera one or two a month. Only a few days ago, whilst it was snowing, a guy on a practically empty motorway got upset he had to change lanes when he caught up with a slower moving car, so overtook, pulled in front, and slammed his brakes on causing a pileup and killing several people.

Funnily enough, many people who stop cycling this time of year and take to their cars and public transport, is not because of the cold, it rarely gets really cold, but because of the risk of being attacked because it is dark and they're on their own. Many long distance commuter cyclists have the absolute minimum of lights and reflectors so they cannot be seen, yet don't get fined by the police for not having any. It's not like the UK, here the cycle paths are generally quite seperate from the road so it's not like the cars need to see you.

My girly, who's a Policeofficer, told me of a case where one neighbour trained their dogs to go to neighbours gardens to do their business, they caused several fender benders as they crossed the roads unattended, eventually this escalated into a murder. Why did they train their dogs to do this? Because they didn't like to clean up after them.

So all in all the general level of arseholeishness is higher than what I remember of the UK, and the risks involved in a confrontation are significantly higher, but as long as your wealthy enough so you can avoid the city it's really quite a nice place.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    keep going! this is seriously entertaining!
    Well, work with me then! Which bit? The idea that the destruction of the family unit is a bad thing. Or the idea that the destruction of the family unit is a good thing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X