• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Town Xmas decorations"

Collapse

• Purple Dalek
    replied
    What adds to the crapiness is the lights are all placed, with such obvious deliberation, just beyond arms length. Makes everything look like it's got one of those 'browse rings' like trees in Africa.

Leave a comment:

• tim123
    replied
    Where I am, there are a few Xmas lights wrapped around the trees

tim

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by Purple Dalek View Post
    Cheltenham town centre still looks like tulip. Now with tinsel on it.
    I used to drive along PE way every day and the surroundings reminded me more of a Glasgow council estate rather than a posh town.

I only ever went into town for drinks a few times, the local population seem extremely pretentious, fake tans, fake fur and convertibles everywhere.

Leave a comment:

• Purple Dalek
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    Why do you go back?
    Client always gives a good rate. They know my weakness.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by Purple Dalek View Post
    Why do you go back?

Leave a comment:

• Purple Dalek
    replied

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    My client has dug a hole by the entrance and put up a 20ft tree with lights and decorations etc apparently they do this every year, I'm sure it would be a lot less hassle if they just planted one.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Christmas markets are in full swing on the mainland.

It's all gluhwein and sausages here, so haven't bothered so far.

Bah humbug.
    Oh yes. First night, went out to Marktplatz for one. Had Wildhirsch Wurst, Glühwein, Reibekuchen, Dampfnudeln, and Glühwein mit Schuss. And Glühwein

Mmmm.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Last night I took the kids to Chiselhurst and to Eltham : both were great.

But few houses have lights up : I have only found 2 good ones so far within a 3 mile radius. Though 1 road has done very well.

Last year there were about 10 good ones.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Christmas markets are in full swing on the mainland.

It's all gluhwein and sausages here, so haven't bothered so far.

Bah humbug.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Since I'm stuck in Bristol for the middle of the week, I must say that the centre looks quite pretty.

Shame the Xmas tree only lasted 2 days before the vandals took it down...

Anyone being cheered by their work location over Xmas?
    When I was in France the town used to put up little Christmas trees by the river, with those highly-fragile decorations, you know where at home you lose one or two every year just breaking them while unpacking them: no-one ever vandalised them AFAIK.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    I had a little drive down Regent Street yesterday evening and it all looked very pretty

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    started a topic Town Xmas decorations

Town Xmas decorations

Since I'm stuck in Bristol for the middle of the week, I must say that the centre looks quite pretty.

Shame the Xmas tree only lasted 2 days before the vandals took it down...

Anyone being cheered by their work location over Xmas?

Working...
X