• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How much will BoE cut rates by today?"

Collapse

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Hey Sally, Since when has class dictated intelligence? I'm just amazed by the naivety sometimes for someone in your position. Everyone says some daft stuff on here, many times to get a reaction (I know I do) but you seem to ask some GCSE level stuff. Hence I think you are having us on.

PS I'm not from Manches tor
    Where you from then?

What GCSE stuff do I say?

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    To be fair, most of the stuff I normally say on here IS the truth. I've never claimed to be a frolicking brainbox - far from it!

But I'm really good at my job. (And my job is rather nichey)

My rates are always 400-600 on average, depending on location. And I can't believe for one second that when I've mentioned this I've been "bragging" - cause I'd be the first to point out that it's just the market, it's not me being "worth it" or any better than anyone else. Everyone who works in my field gets paid the same.

You lot are such a bunch of brain snobs though - why do I have to know the financials market or politics or have word of the day toilet paper to be worthy of a good wage for my job?

Bagpuss - you're from Manchester ffs - us in the North didn't all grow up with a public school education, with fathers who read the Sunday Times accross from us at the breakfast table... I'd expect more from you than this "keep the lower class thickos in their place" attitude towards earnings.
    Very disappointed in you.

Hey Sally, Since when has class dictated intelligence? I'm just amazed by the naivety sometimes for someone in your position. Everyone says some daft stuff on here, many times to get a reaction (I know I do) but you seem to ask some GCSE level stuff. Hence I think you are having us on.

PS I'm not from Manches tor
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 4 December 2008, 15:11.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    To be fair, most of the stuff I normally say on here IS the truth. I've never claimed to be a frolicking brainbox - far from it!

My rates are always 400-600 on average, depending on location. And I can't believe for one second that when I've mentioned this I've been "bragging" - cause I'd be the first to point out that it's just the market, it's not me being "worth it" or any better than anyone else. Everyone who works in my field gets paid the same.

You lot are such a bunch of brain snobs though - why do I have to know the financials market or politics or have word of the day toilet paper to be worthy of a good wage for my job?

Bagpuss - you're from Manchester ffs - us in the North didn't all grow up with a public school education, with fathers who read the Sunday Times accross from us at the breakfast table... I'd expect more from you than this "keep the lower class thickos in their place" attitude towards earnings.
    Hey steady on! Just goes to show you don't need an IQ or education to make good money!

Interesting news to all the professional people in London fighting over £200/day contracts with their £700K mortgages on city apartments.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Racist

What is wrond with Southerners anyway?

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    To play devils advocate when I said having us on, I mean't either about the rate or being daft as a brush
    To be fair, most of the stuff I normally say on here IS the truth. I've never claimed to be a ******* brainbox - far from it!

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied

I'm guessing they didn't ask (m)any daft questions though
    Correct

PS Any jobs going like?
    Maybe..

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Ever thought she might just be pretending?

Oh I forgot - everyone on cuk tells the truth.......
    Nobody

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Indeed. I just offered a PM £600 a day.
    I'm guessing they didn't ask (m)any daft questions though

PS Any jobs going like?
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 4 December 2008, 14:53.

Leave a comment:

• SantaClaus
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Have to agree with baggy. SA comes across dimmer than a low energy bulb in a black lampshade. Labour voter too!

Apart from the public sector, what sort of client is going to hire someone like SA on £68/hr?

You is 'aving a larf!
    Soon there wont be any other employers than the public sector!

Better brush up on those race relations questions

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Ignoring the someone like SA bit... £68/hr is just under £550 per day and so not unreasonable for any contractor who can blag a senior role.
    Indeed. I just offered a PM £600 a day.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Have to agree with baggy. SA comes across dimmer than a low energy bulb in a black lampshade. Labour voter too!

Apart from the public sector, what sort of client is going to hire someone like SA on £68/hr?

You is 'aving a larf!
    Ignoring the someone like SA bit... £68/hr is just under £550 per day and so not unreasonable for any contractor who can blag a senior role.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied

You is 'aving a larf!
    Ever thought she might just be pretending?

Oh I forgot - everyone on cuk tells the truth.......

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    To play devils advocate when I said having us on, I mean't either about the rate or being daft as a brush

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    You were the one bragging about it, but I don't understand how you appear so naive yet command such money. I think you are having us on!

You is 'aving a larf!

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    If interest rates fall to 0% and banks were expected to lend at 0.5% and then offered savers 0.25%. Do you think people would keep their money in banks?
    If a large proportion of savers in the UK withdrew their deposits the banking system would go bust. Only around 10% of 'money' exists as cash.
    Would you feel any better off with an interest rate of 4% and inflation at 5%? I suspect most people would, even if they are worse off.

Does anyone provide a real rate of growth figure for money left compounding in a bank? Anyone left money in a bank long enough to see it grow in real terms?

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    I think you are having us on!
    You're right - I'm not even a contractor

Leave a comment:

Working...
X