• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How much will BoE cut rates by today?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    You didn't put "FACT!" at the end of that.

We already saved £400 per month on the last drop, and drop is good for us. The lower the better.
    If interest rates fall to 0% and banks were expected to lend at 0.5% and then offered savers 0.25%. Do you think people would keep their money in banks?
    If a large proportion of savers in the UK withdrew their deposits the banking system would go bust. Only around 10% of 'money' exists as cash.
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Repayment mortgages wont go down with interest rates will they? aren't they normally fixed amounts? Or are they fixed % aligned with the BoE interest rates or something?

I dont have one, so I wouldn't know.

If the interest rates hit 0% we could pay nothing each month. Could people with repayment mortgages also pay nothing?
      £68 per hour! Who was this employer Noddy?
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
        £68 per hour! Who was this employer Noddy?
        It kills you doesn't it
        The pope is a tard.

Comment

It kills you doesn't it
          You were the one bragging about it, but I don't understand how you appear so naive yet command such money. I think you are having us on!

Comment

I think you are having us on!
            You're right - I'm not even a contractor
            The pope is a tard.

Comment

If interest rates fall to 0% and banks were expected to lend at 0.5% and then offered savers 0.25%. Do you think people would keep their money in banks?
              If a large proportion of savers in the UK withdrew their deposits the banking system would go bust. Only around 10% of 'money' exists as cash.
              Would you feel any better off with an interest rate of 4% and inflation at 5%? I suspect most people would, even if they are worse off.

Does anyone provide a real rate of growth figure for money left compounding in a bank? Anyone left money in a bank long enough to see it grow in real terms?

Comment

You were the one bragging about it, but I don't understand how you appear so naive yet command such money. I think you are having us on!
                Have to agree with baggy. SA comes across dimmer than a low energy bulb in a black lampshade. Labour voter too!

Apart from the public sector, what sort of client is going to hire someone like SA on £68/hr?

You is 'aving a larf!

Comment

To play devils advocate when I said having us on, I mean't either about the rate or being daft as a brush

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Have to agree with baggy. SA comes across dimmer than a low energy bulb in a black lampshade. Labour voter too!

Apart from the public sector, what sort of client is going to hire someone like SA on £68/hr?

You is 'aving a larf!
                    Ever thought she might just be pretending?

Oh I forgot - everyone on cuk tells the truth.......

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

You is 'aving a larf!
                      Ignoring the someone like SA bit... £68/hr is just under £550 per day and so not unreasonable for any contractor who can blag a senior role.

Comment

Working...
                      X