• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Boiled eggs

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Boiled eggs"

Collapse

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I thought for a moment this was a take-the-p-out-a-wilmslow-thread post. But I couldn't find anything similar.

I have coffee for breakfast.
    well spotted , NAT, I have been aiming for the 'daftest thread title' award for some time now, but without hoping for the 'daftest thread content' accolade

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I dont normally do breakfast, but part of my drinking reduction regime is to eat more. I dont want to get up any earlier so I have been bringing a couple of boiled eggs into the office and I scoff them with my coffee before anyone else gets in.

Does anyone else bring boiled eggs into the office ?
    I thought for a moment this was a take-the-p-out-a-wilmslow-thread post. But I couldn't find anything similar.

I have coffee for breakfast.

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    I dont normally do breakfast, but part of my drinking reduction regime is to eat more. I dont want to get up any earlier so I have been bringing a couple of boiled eggs into the office and I scoff them with my coffee before anyone else gets in.

Yup, i do..and the kid also has been known to take them to his nursery.

Leave a comment:

• ace00
    replied
    To achieve a balanced, healthy breakfast simply bring 1 egg and 1 kipper to work. The kipper can be heated on a nearby radiator in the winter months and will supply all the needed vitamins.
    Also a microwaved curry eaten at the desk for lunch could save several pence per day.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by Incognito View Post
    Pah, you'd never measure upto Paul Newman with that attitude.

At least I'm still alive. Those 50 hard boiled eggs got him in the end. He'd have been ok if he'd stopped on 49.

Leave a comment:

• b0redom
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    If I want a quick breakfast, I just have a couple of raw eggs. Saves a lot of cooking (3 minutes) and is very quack.
    I see what you did there.....

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    Lay it on its side on the desk/table. Spin it. Hard-boiled egg spins like crazy, raw egg spin is rapidly damped to a stop.
    Spin me round baby, right round like a record baby. Right round, round, round.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Chugnut View Post
    nostrils
    And it can make one "egg bound" as viz like to say.....

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Too many eggs can be bad for your cholesterol. I think 2 a day is okay but I wouldn't have any more per day.
    Pah, you'd never measure upto Paul Newman with that attitude.

Leave a comment:

• Chugnut
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Too many eggs can be bad for your cholesterol. I think 2 a day is okay but I wouldn't have any more per day.
    nostrils

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    Lay it on its side on the desk/table. Spin it. Hard-boiled egg spins like crazy, raw egg spin is rapidly damped to a stop.
    brilliant. can't wait to check it out.

Leave a comment:

• Badger
    replied
    Is it the spin it around check?

Lay the egg on it's side, spin it around and then stop it spinning by placing your finger on top of it, take your finger off the top and if it carries on spinning it's not hard boiled,

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    no, how can you tell ?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by rhubarb View Post
    Yes.
    If you break it open and its all floppy and runny, then its not boiled.
    If its a big white lump - then it is boiled.

Rhubarb
    watch it.

he was going to give us some science. we love science

Leave a comment:

Working...
X