• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Ideas for solving economic woes"

Collapse

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Of all my sock-puppets I'm proudest of you. A mad Russian with delusions of adequacy. Superb, even though I say so myself.
    And you are?

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Can't remember who said it (nor can I be arised to google it)

"If you lend a friend a tenner and then never see them, it was money well spent"
    Conversely, I knew a pub landlord who once lent a regular customer a tenner, and didn't see him again. He didn't care about losing the tenner - what he did care about was losing the customer who had bought a gallon of ale every weekday evening.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Superb, even though I say so myself.
    Good 'ne, can you hand me over that sandwich next to you now? ta...

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    So in your words I am - you and retiring me would be depriving CUK village of its idiot?
    Of all my sock-puppets I'm proudest of you. A mad Russian with delusions of adequacy. Superb, even though I say so myself.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I would retire yours, but that would be depriving the CUK village of its idiot.
    So in your words I am - you and retiring me would be depriving CUK village of its idiot?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Speaking of village idiots here's CyberCretin. Luckily for me:

This message is hidden because Cyberman is on your ignore list.
    I was on a forum once where you could ignore a user just by clicking on a link. We had a fun game where people would post links which secretly added other people to your ignore list when you clicked them.

I can't seem to do this on CUK after a quick look at the inner workings of the HTML pages. Maybe I need to investigate with FireBug...

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Speaking of village idiots here's CyberCretin. Luckily for me:

This message is hidden because Cyberman is on your ignore list.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Labour seriously need to cut a million or so public sector jobs, as many were not needed in boom time, let alone in a recession. Of course they will not do this because there are votes there and we have an election looming.

Yet again, the dirty work and tough decisions will be left in the laps of the Tories.

NB: between 1998 and 2006 there were 2.2 million new jobs created. Unfortunately, over 1.3 million of those were in the public sector!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    On the other hand maybe I should just re-retire your character.
    I would retire yours, but that would be depriving the CUK village of its idiot.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    And I'm sure your wish will come true
    On the other hand maybe I should just re-retire your character.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    I'd rather be poor person than you
    And I'm sure your wish will come true

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    God I hate envious poor people
    I'd rather be poor person than you

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Doomed?

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    You are soon too if NZ keeps their open-door immigration policy. Only a crazy country would do that.
    We must be mad, literally mad, as a nation? Oh, surely not!

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    A trader I know (who was worth millions) once told me an old (public) school friend asked to borrow 5k. He said he would give him 5k on 2 conditions :-
    1. he never asked for money again
    2. he did not attempt to pay him back

Within a year the friend had asked for another 5k. The trader put the phone down.
    Can't remember who said it (nor can I be arised to google it)

"If you lend a friend a tenner and then never see them, it was money well spent"

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    He is a scumbucket because he took active part in dirty games to get rich quick and now he pretends like it never happened and he is concerned about well being of Brittannia - string 'im up I say or let him walk the plank off one of those big City skyscrapers
    Loadsamoney!! Evil laugh and Harry Enfield f-off sign to you.
    God I hate envious poor people

Leave a comment:

Working...
X