• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Arbeiten mit den Inselaffen"

Collapse

• Toastiness
    replied
    Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
    Je ne comprend pas
    Je ne comprends pas

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Achtung,Achtung, das ist Verboten!

Enchilingen sie bitter wer ist das Rathaus?

What more do you need?

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    That's true there is some right wing but more likely in the old East German states. I've never seen it in Bavaria. But you might be amazed how many Brits turn up to their rallies.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Dalek
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    In Bavaria....where did you read that cr*p then.

No I think you'll be hearing calls for bavarian independence.
    Have you BEEN there? I have. It was a revelation.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
    In Bavaria, you can safely rely upon "Ein Volk, ein Reich, etc." For the Lederhosen-clad, pipe-smoking, moustachioed denizens of Adolf's old stomping ground, it's a phrase that never grows old.
    In Bavaria....where did you read that cr*p then.

No I think you'll be hearing calls for bavarian independence.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Dalek
    replied
    In Bavaria, you can safely rely upon "Ein Volk, ein Reich, etc." For the Lederhosen-clad, pipe-smoking, moustachioed denizens of Adolf's old stomping ground, it's a phrase that never grows old.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    The only German i know is from Rammstein records....

Leave a comment:

• Bob Dalek
    replied
    Originally posted by ace00 View Post
    Je n'comprende pas.
    Je ne comprend pas

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    roughly translated -- working with English people, used commonly when discussing english colleagues, especially Investment banking types.

Insel - Island

Affen - apes

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Island Monkeys or Monkey Island?

Leave a comment:

• ace00
    replied
    Je n'comprende pas.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates