• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "**Contractor rates that do not reflect the current market?*"

Collapse

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Computer People are in the best position to respond to falling market rates and provide excellent candidates at well below previous rates from a choice of over 400,000 live candidates.
    Define "best position" ?

Define "excellent candidates" ? To which standard and measure ?

Use of the word "excellent" implies that every candidate supplied by the vendor will be the best possible candidate available. How can the vendor objectively guarantee this ? Do they have extensive testing facilities for each candidate ?

This is why every word a salesperson says must be subject to objective testing and analysis. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

What a load of crock....

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    On the plus side - there may be a job doing some data deduplication at CP sometime in the near future

Oracle Applications £58.90 £67.73
    Oracle Applications £43.49 £50.01
    Oracle Applications £48.21 £55.44
    Oracle Applications £52.19 £60.02
    Oracle Applications £43.18 £49.65

ORACLE DATABASE £57.67 £66.32
    Oracle Database £42.26 £48.60
    ORACLE DATABASE £34.87 £40.10
    Oracle Database £46.98 £54.03
    Oracle Database £48.23 £55.46
    Oracle Database £43.18 £49.65
    Oracle Database £50.96 £58.60
    Oracle Database £40.74 £46.85

Leave a comment:

• lightng
    replied
    Thnx for posting those!

Theres an entry for 'UNSPECIFIED'. Is that the rate you get if you refuse to send the agent your CV?

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Received today by email:

We haven’t spoke for more than 2 weeks, how are you? [Comment: It's been much more than two weeks] I just want to get in touch and see if you are still in the market. If you have any CV submitted or interview you had before or even coming up, could you state the interviews or company have you CV as shown below, therefore we won't duplicate any opportunity and mistakenly give you the same interview in future and speed up the searching progress:

COMPANY NAME – ROLE – SKILLS REQUIRED – CONTRACT or PERM – LOCATION – INTERVIEWER' NAME

Leave a comment:

• Liability
    replied
    For the record there is no reason for this post to be removed

I was sent it without invite
    I was not told that it was confidential; in fact the email was actually inviting me for dialogue even though I am a contractor!
    It was a mass mailout
    I feel it is in the public interest on the current market
    It allows us, contractors, to get visibility of potential changes in our market and potential tricks that other agencies may use to increase their margins.

The fact that numerous figures in this email are potentially wrong [IMHO] is further testament to how the market is being misinterpreted.

Leave a comment:

• Tingles
    replied
    ?

So it's better to be a Change Manager than a Problem AND Change Manager?

Didn't notice the mention ITIL or SOX anywhere?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Top gloating dodgy. go on, do some more

GLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAT

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by Liability View Post
    Help Desk £37.99 £43.69
    WTF!

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    This sort of thing tells us more about the state of Computer People than it does about anything else. They already cannot even succeed at the low margin PSL level -they were apparently thrown off the BP account- and they now have the cheek to push business on price!
    Also because their business model is based on telephone canvassing using the reference trick amongst others they have a paucity of good personal contacts with influential people, and are therefore unable to sell on service quality.

Pathetic (gloat gloat )
    Top gloating dodgy. go on, do some more

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    This sort of thing tells us more about the state of Computer People than it does about anything else. They already cannot even succeed at the low margin PSL level -they were apparently thrown off the BP account- and they now have the cheek to push business on price!
    Also because their business model is based on telephone canvassing using the reference trick amongst others they have a paucity of good personal contacts with influential people, and are therefore unable to sell on service quality.

Pathetic (gloat gloat )

Leave a comment:

• portseven
    replied
    Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
    Don't think Enterprise Architects will be happy with their rate...
    Nope, looks like I will not be using CP!

Leave a comment:

• b0redom
    replied
    I pity anyone who calls a contractor from this agency in the next few days....

"You want to pay me HOW much? But you bill me out at £x........"

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    All those hundreds of prices, and two of my main skills aren't even listed.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by JoJoGabor View Post
    Hmmm, No wonder Agents don't seem to know their arse from their elbow. I can spot various duplicates in there all with different rates. THose rates seem VERY high as well even considering this is the Client rate. I thought they said they could get cheap contractors!?
    Really? Most techy ones were under £50 which works out the client is paying under £400/day, leaving contractors maybe £300-350. Isn't that low?

Leave a comment:

• Pinto
    replied
    Originally posted by JoJoGabor View Post
    I can spot various duplicates in there all with different rates.
    It's broken down by job role, although the formatting doesn't make that clear.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X