• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "and so the end is near................."

Collapse

• monkeyboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Purple Dalek View Post
    Pah, I went shopping with girlfriend and both sister for three DAYS!

Did you get the rewards in the bedroom?

Leave a comment:

• bobhope
    replied
    Ahhh shopping. Hate it with a passion.

Shopping is not a leisure pursuit or a ***** hobby.

What I hate is those "visitor's" gift shops you find whenever you go somewhere to visit.

Whatever is bought is either never used, or used once or twice and ends up in the basement.

Leave a comment:

• Stan.goodvibes
    replied
    Well I'm confused. The kids are gone, your wife has been harbouring a deep-seated resentment from something you did last century* and is unlikely to get over it any time soon...

I can only assume you stayed for the kids. Give her half, take whats left and get out there and experience life without guilt. You'll never look back.

Go on, off you go.

* if she hasn't worked out that the only reason you slept with her best friend is because you were missing her and her friend reminded you of her, by now, then theres no hope.

Women - can't live with 'em, can't kill 'em

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
    I salute you Sir
    Washing
    Ironing
    Fu**ing
    Etc

Anything else is just softening them up.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
    Working away from home might put a strain on things? Although it might also help some marriages!
    sad to say i think it actually helps mine, i'm actually being encouraged to find contracts away

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Glad to hear it. You can borrow mine next time they want to go shopping.

That 24 hour opening's a real bastard isn't it.

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    Heroic! It's your world, we just live in it.

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Not sure why contractors should be higher than average.
    Working away from home might put a strain on things? Although it might also help some marriages!

Leave a comment:

• zara_backdog
    replied
    I salute you Sir

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    I wonder what the divorce rate is for contractors. I suspect it's higher than average, especially if the wife was retail.
    Police have a very high divorce rate. Not sure why contractors should be higher than average.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    jeez, these daleks are HARD

Leave a comment:

• Purple Dalek
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    mans one weakness, shopping

anymore than an hour and i have to disappear for a pint to recover

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    My wife seems to think that she has a more logical thought process then me. On one occasion I had to put her straight. I told her that

My logic is more advanced than your basic logic and because your basic logic can't comprehend my superior logic it incorrectly assumes that it is wrong.

She was still trying to work that out as I made my exit.

Final exit

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    My wife seems to think that she has a more logical thought process then me. On one occasion I had to put her straight. I told her that

My logic is more advanced than your basic logic and because your basic logic can't comprehend my superior logic it incorrectly assumes that it is wrong.

She was still trying to work that out as I made my exit.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Dalek
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Shop for clothes with a woman and you'll be richly rewarded in the bedroom later
    You mean allowed to sleep for a few hours to restore one's will to live?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X