• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Best magic trick you've seen"

Collapse

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    One where they guy said that someone had drawn a house, with a sun, a matchstalk cat, and written cat. That was mine.

How on earth could he know, answer also below

its called the one ahead trick. The first envelope was from a stooge in the audience. While he described the stooges picture, he was actually looking at mine. the stooge nodded. The second envelope, he described mine but was looking at someone elses piccie.

One of my favourite card tricks works the same way. You ask someone to pick a card whose location in the deck laid out in front of him face down you know, then pick up the card he selected and 'check it' and say 'yes, that's correct (or whatever), then ask him to pick the card you have actually just picked up. After he picks another, you finish by picking up the one you had stashed in the deck. Then ask him to name the three cards, which you now hold.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Dalek
    replied
    me too, except I was thinking more in the oral tradition
    That too. It was a very, very nice day.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    When you said your wife gave you Deep Astonishment for your Birthday I assumed she'd bummed you with a dildo
    me too, except I was thinking more in the oral tradition

Leave a comment:

• Bob Dalek
    replied
    Pedantic, I know, but it wasn't a birthday present.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    There lies a facinating insight into how your mind works baggy.

I for one am quite scared now.

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
    Best present Mrs. Dalek has bought for me was a magic trick called "Deep Astonishment". Not surprisingly, it does induce deep astonishment when performed correctly.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    David Copperfields trick

Where he convinces Claudia Schiffer to marry him

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    When you said your wife gave you Deep Astonishment for your Birthday I assumed she'd bummed you with a dildo
    There lies a facinating insight into how your mind works baggy.

I for one am quite scared now.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Dalek
    replied
    That too. It was a great day.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Dalek
    replied
    Originally posted by Chugnut View Post
    Are you sure you didn't just highlight the text like the OP suggested?
    Er, what?

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Because I collect magic tricks. I am the worst (and I mean worst) magician on the planet, but like knowing how they work. Best (for the price) ever is Deep Astonishment with the Rising Card trick thrown in to give it a touch of sparkle.

Leave a comment:

• Chugnut
    replied
    Because I collect magic tricks. I am the worst (and I mean worst) magician on the planet, but like knowing how they work. Best (for the price) ever is Deep Astonishment with the Rising Card trick thrown in to give it a touch of sparkle.
    Are you sure you didn't just highlight the text like the OP suggested?

Leave a comment:

• Bob Dalek
    replied
    One where they guy said that someone had drawn a house, with a sun, a matchstalk cat, and written cat. That was mine.

its called the one ahead trick. The first envelope was from a stooge in the audience. While he described the stooges picture, he was actually looking at mine. the stooge nodded. The second envelope, he described mine but was looking at someone elses piccie.

Uri Geller, Derren Brown et al can read the top of the pen they supply. Ever noticed that the pen is always rather long? That's so they can see it move.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Bob Dalek
    replied
    Originally posted by Chugnut View Post
    How did you guess?

Leave a comment:

• Chugnut
    replied
    The old Fake Thumb, was it?
    How did you guess?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X