• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best magic trick you've seen

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
    Because I collect magic tricks. I am the worst (and I mean worst) magician on the planet, but like knowing how they work. Best (for the price) ever is Deep Astonishment with the Rising Card trick thrown in to give it a touch of sparkle.
    When you said your wife gave you Deep Astonishment for your Birthday I assumed she'd bummed you with a dildo
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Chugnut View Post
      Are you sure you didn't just highlight the text like the OP suggested?
      Er, what?

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
        When you said your wife gave you Deep Astonishment for your Birthday I assumed she'd bummed you with a dildo
        That too. It was a great day.

Comment

There lies a facinating insight into how your mind works baggy.

I for one am quite scared now.

Comment

David Copperfields trick

Where he convinces Claudia Schiffer to marry him
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              There lies a facinating insight into how your mind works baggy.

I for one am quite scared now.

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
              Best present Mrs. Dalek has bought for me was a magic trick called "Deep Astonishment". Not surprisingly, it does induce deep astonishment when performed correctly.
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Pedantic, I know, but it wasn't a birthday present.

Comment

me too, except I was thinking more in the oral tradition
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    me too, except I was thinking more in the oral tradition
                    That too. It was a very, very nice day.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                      One where they guy said that someone had drawn a house, with a sun, a matchstalk cat, and written cat. That was mine.

How on earth could he know, answer also below

its called the one ahead trick. The first envelope was from a stooge in the audience. While he described the stooges picture, he was actually looking at mine. the stooge nodded. The second envelope, he described mine but was looking at someone elses piccie.

One of my favourite card tricks works the same way. You ask someone to pick a card whose location in the deck laid out in front of him face down you know, then pick up the card he selected and 'check it' and say 'yes, that's correct (or whatever), then ask him to pick the card you have actually just picked up. After he picks another, you finish by picking up the one you had stashed in the deck. Then ask him to name the three cards, which you now hold.

Comment

Working...
                      X