• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Did you prefer CUK before Bob Dalek got banned?"

Collapse

• BrianSnail
    replied
    Ooooh, which to collect...? Xeno Geek Points or Richard Whiteley A-Likey Points? Decisions, decisions...

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    Well, if it had been some mind-bending techieness, maybe compressing RFC 2617 into three lines I would have given him some Admin Geek Points. As it is he solved a countdown-style anagram so, in recognition of this, I award 5 Richard Whiteley A-Likey Points. The first person to reach 100 Richard Whiteley A-Likey points gets a copy of "Diagnosis and Treatment of Septicaemia" by Lawrence P. Garrod as a prize

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Well, if it had been some mind-bending techieness, maybe compressing RFC 2617 into three lines I would have given him some Admin Geek Points. As it is he solved a countdown-style anagram so, in recognition of this, I award 5 Richard Whiteley A-Likey Points. The first person to reach 100 Richard Whiteley A-Likey points gets a copy of "Diagnosis and Treatment of Septicaemia" by Lawrence P. Garrod as a prize

"The second person gets two copies of..."

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    So does RH start collecting Admin Geek Points now?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Seeing as so many of you have guessed correctly I am happy to confirm it was DBA Bloke. Superb spot with the anagram RH, very impressed. It was a pretty unique couple of IP addresses so pretty convinced it was the same person. The other banned ID from this person was Permie Scum.
    So does RH start collecting Admin Geek Points now?

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    Seeing as so many of you have guessed correctly I am happy to confirm it was DBA Bloke. Superb spot with the anagram RH, very impressed. It was a pretty unique couple of IP addresses so pretty convinced it was the same person. The other banned ID from this person was Permie Scum.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied

So I have acted as requested and banned this ID. Two previously banned users came from the same IP as him so have completely banned these from the server now as well.

I knew it, the abuse was vaguely familiar. Which banned posters was it?

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    BTW - resend the request for the facebook group.
    Done!

Oh, and the Linux comes back when the VPN's network can cope with it...

(starts looking for DSL on Linux Format...)

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    I've got linux on my netbook, do I qualify for geek points?
    No, but your signature should get you some. Geek points, that is.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    3 broadband with a 10" screen and Windows XP. Nice bit of kit. Worth at least 5 Geek Points. When are you going to strip it out for Linux then?

I've got linux on my netbook, do I qualify for geek points?

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    I might be able to get back to 0 points if he remembers my Asus EeePC with mobile broadband....
    3 broadband with a 10" screen and Windows XP. Nice bit of kit. Worth at least 5 Geek Points. When are you going to strip it out for Linux then?

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    I suspect I'll be going into minus geek points for

1) not having an iphone or latest blackberry...
    2) managing to buy a rubbish camera* despite all the good advice on here.

I might be able to get back to 0 points if he remembers my Asus EeePC with mobile broadband....

*Still desperately hoping it was driver error - will continue to practice this week...

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
    Pretty geeky. However, I was reminded only moments ago of an ice cream / Xeno head smearing incident, of which rh was the perpetrator.

Tscah - what I failed to explain at the time, is that I was investigating the viscosity of vanilla ice-cream, and it's covering power. Low and high, respectively.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Not likely - even though I was verbally awarded geek points for trying to hack into the pub's wifi connection on the night, and for something or other I said at the dinner, Xen won't let me go over 100. <sniff>

I like 99 as the 'soft' cap.

It'll be a big day when that cap is raised and you bust into three figures.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by dwm009 View Post
    Oh yeah! Geek points required here, shirley?!
    Pretty geeky. However, I was reminded only moments ago of an ice cream / Xeno head smearing incident, of which rh was the perpetrator.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X