• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "No Wages for two months !!!!!"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by t0bytoo View Post
    So, once I get the judgement - can I pass that on to an enforcer?
    You can use it to get bailiffs to give 'em a visit, try that first - if or when it fails apply for 3rd party debt order - this allows to arrest money in their bank account - worked for me well, their bank managed would sure make a note of CCJ there too

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Ahh, so that explains the teabagging requests I keep getting pm'd about.

Gotta love the "your mum" jokes.

Leave a comment:

• t0bytoo
    replied
    I had a client who stopped paying my invoices. Sent lots of threatening letters, and 19 days ago filed a small claim.

The lazy git hasn't responded to small claims service (or maybe he will at close of play today), so I get to file for a judgement....

The case is against an individual and his company.

So, once I get the judgement - can I pass that on to an enforcer?

Leave a comment:

• sheps
    replied
    Thanks to .....

I would like to thank JoJoGabor and TheFaQQer for their sensible answer, My son in NOT in an umbrella scheme he is CIS....
    I thought this forum would have helped out but it appears NOT apart from the above peeps.
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by Advocate View Post
    It's Monday, I can't believe I didn't foresee the "your mom" jokes...

Leave a comment:

• Advocate
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post

It's Monday, I can't believe I didn't foresee the "your mom" jokes...

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by Advocate View Post

I mean, I've signed my mother up to the forums but she refuses to post on my behalf....

Leave a comment:

• Advocate
    replied
    Shouldn't the contractor be sorting this out?

I mean, I've signed my mother up to the forums but she refuses to post on my behalf....

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by sheps View Post
    Hi ya Everyone,
    I wonder if you could help me here, My son has been working for Henley Homes since August 4th as a subcontractor, he received his first months wages ok , but the septembers monies never got paid into his bank and he hasnt had half of octobers, He stopped going to work for them after the 2nd week of october.
    I dont really know where to start as to what to do next, the monies are paid to an agency EARNEXTRA, i have contacted these people but they have had no monies paid to themselve since August 2008. What are my next steps please in helping my son retrieving his outstanding wages.
    All he keeps getting is your get it next week, your get it next week.....
    many thanks in advance
    Paula
    Write a letter and send it recorded delivery giving them 14 days to pay. Give them a dealine eg: by 4pm on Tuesday 25th November to pay otherwise you will take them to Court.

Then take out a small claims summons (you can do that online)

You will get your money plus costs. Any probs PM me.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    If EARNEXTRA are an agency rather than an umbrella, then the OP would still be covered by the agency regulations. If they did not opt out, in writing, before being introduced to the client, then the agency MUST pay them, whether they have received the money or not.

HTH.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Thomas higgins might be of help...

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
    Yawn

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Bravo that muppet!

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    It would appear to me that the OP's son is using an Umbrella company for construction workers. So, in the spirit of trying to be helpful, what do you brolly users do when your brolly doesn't get paid by the agent?

I can't answer that because I don't use a brolly.

<EDIT>I Should point out that we don't normally try and be very helpful here because anyone getting paid as an IT Contractor should damn well know what they are doing, but I don't think that in this case the OP is an IT Contractor.
    Last edited by Gonzo; 9 November 2008, 19:12. Reason: Explaining the out of character helpfulness.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by TheRefactornator View Post
    woop woop racist alert
    Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
    Speak of the Devil!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X