• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: i have an office!!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "i have an office!!"

Collapse

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
    Once dated a Kiwi lass. Her accent was horrifying, but she went like a train, so I delayed the inevitable bin-off for a few months.
    She was probably grateful that you didn't demand she wore a really thick wooly jumper whilst doing it

Leave a comment:

• Bob Dalek
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    The assistant I had was an Aussie. Looks wise she was ok but she had a horrible whiney voice which bugged me so much that I used to wear my headphones in the office - she never sussed that they weren't plugged.
    Once dated a Kiwi lass. Her accent was horrifying, but she went like a train, so I delayed the inevitable bin-off for a few months.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    The assistant I had was an Aussie. Looks wise she was ok but she had a horrible whiney voice which bugged me so much that I used to wear my headphones in the office - she never sussed that they weren't plugged.
    Why repeat yourself, Tony?

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Why repeat yourself, Tony?

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Australian rising question tonantion, you can't beat it?
    You can and I did with the table leg!

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Australian rising question tonantion, you can't beat it?

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Sloppy seconds?
    Wouldn't have touched her with yours. She made good tea though.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    I had an office and a shared PA in my last permie job. This one I have to hotdesk
    Sloppy seconds?

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    I had my own office for about 2 years at GSK - I even had an assistant for a while who seemed to spend all day colouring Excel spreadsheets. I used to keep the aircon on super cold to stop people comming in and to chill down cans of coke.

Those days are long gone now though.

Leave a comment:

• SantaClaus
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    yes it does.. and 2 way openable door/windows

i can see Pressehaus (printing co.), 4 lanes of traffic and a view south over the bavarian forest... it's not much but it's a start.. and one day i'll own my own company.. no, hold on a minute
    Are you sure there arent bars on the windows?

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    yes it does.. and 2 way openable door/windows

i can see Pressehaus (printing co.), 4 lanes of traffic and a view south over the bavarian forest... it's not much but it's a start.. and one day i'll own my own company.. no, hold on a minute

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    I now have an assistant, she is a grad. So enthusiatic. Although I am finding it irksome finding things for her to do when I dont do anything myself. I think she has figured out my modus operandi

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    If you have another chair you could wedge it under the door handle and make people knock before they come in to give you time to log off ebay (but since you're on here already that level of security might not be necessary...)
    positioned myself next to the window, so only the window cleaner could see what's on my laptop screen.. always thinkin ya see

nobody would need to see me anyway, it's a fixed piece of work with deadlines in 3 weeks, plus I dont speak german so even if they did it would be a very short conversation

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    If you have another chair you could wedge it under the door handle and make people knock before they come in to give you time to log off ebay (but since you're on here already that level of security might not be necessary...)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X