• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

i have an office!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chef View Post
    yes it does.. and 2 way openable door/windows

i can see Pressehaus (printing co.), 4 lanes of traffic and a view south over the bavarian forest... it's not much but it's a start.. and one day i'll own my own company.. no, hold on a minute
    Are you sure there arent bars on the windows?
    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

I had my own office for about 2 years at GSK - I even had an assistant for a while who seemed to spend all day colouring Excel spreadsheets. I used to keep the aircon on super cold to stop people comming in and to chill down cans of coke.

Those days are long gone now though.
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
        I had an office and a shared PA in my last permie job. This one I have to hotdesk
        Sloppy seconds?
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
          Sloppy seconds?
          Wouldn't have touched her with yours. She made good tea though.

Comment

The assistant I had was an Aussie. Looks wise she was ok but she had a horrible whiney voice which bugged me so much that I used to wear my headphones in the office - she never sussed that they weren't plugged.
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Australian rising question tonantion, you can't beat it?
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                Australian rising question tonantion, you can't beat it?
                You can and I did with the table leg!

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                  The assistant I had was an Aussie. Looks wise she was ok but she had a horrible whiney voice which bugged me so much that I used to wear my headphones in the office - she never sussed that they weren't plugged.
                  Why repeat yourself, Tony?
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Why repeat yourself, Tony?
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Once dated a Kiwi lass. Her accent was horrifying, but she went like a train, so I delayed the inevitable bin-off for a few months.

Comment

Working...
                      X