• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Brand & Ross Sacked by BBC"

Collapse

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by Beefy198 View Post
    Anyway, he's alright (unfortunately), he'll have another job lined up already.

Yeah CH4 10.35pm tonight! I'm sure he's really gutted about having to leave Radio 2.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by adestor View Post
    Read in the London Lite that Ms Baillie is in talks about selling her story to some rag. If anybody deserves saching it's her. Oh now wait, she already got that from Brand ...
    She was on the telly this morning with a Sun logo above her left shoulder.

Originally posted by Her own website
    "I am a member of the Satanic Sluts Xtreme and perform violent, horrific and sexy burlesque shows around the UK and the rest of Europe with my dance and burlesque troupe. .. I like to party, I don't care if you call me a waster or even a groupie because I am having so much more fun than you and living this way makes me happy."
    I think her Grandad should be more worried about her being a waster than a couple of prank calls.

Leave a comment:

• Beefy198
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    To me he comes out of it looking like somebody who's sufficiently devious to calculate that rather than waiting to be thrown out, he can resign and thereby con people into believing he was acting honourably.
    I've already heard a few people try to reason "but he apologised". Oh yes, that giggly apology where he still maintained that it was funny.

Anyway, he's alright (unfortunately), he'll have another job lined up already.

Leave a comment:

• Beefy198
    replied
    Before I post this, don't get me wrong - I am more than happy to pay my licence fee as I would hate ALL the channels to be commercial.

But supposedly being without pay for 12 weeks will cost Ross over £1,000,000

How on earth can they justify that? Correct me if I'm wrong, but all he does is two TV programmes and a radio show each week?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Badger View Post
    Funny how Bland comes out of it looking slightly more honourable with resigning.
    To me he comes out of it looking like somebody who's sufficiently devious to calculate that rather than waiting to be thrown out, he can resign and thereby con people into believing he was acting honourably.

Leave a comment:

• adestor
    replied
    Read in the London Lite that Ms Baillie is in talks about selling her story to some rag. If anybody deserves saching it's her. Oh now wait, she already got that from Brand ...

Leave a comment:

• TheBigYinJames
    replied
    Funny how Bland comes out of it looking slightly more honourable with resigning.
    You think? He comes across as a wad in his video.

Leave a comment:

• wizard1974uk
    replied
    Suspended for 3 months (doesn't say if that's on full pay or not). Rubbish. The trust didnt have the nuts to sack him.

Read the article a little closer, it says without pay.

Leave a comment:

• Badger
    replied
    Suspended for 3 months (doesn't say if that's on full pay or not). Rubbish. The trust didnt have the nuts to sack him.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    they should both be put on the Sachs offenders register

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I'll get your coat.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    I have just written a letter of complaint to the BBC, not because I am appalled by their behaviour but because it is a jolly good prank

Leave a comment:

• ace00
    replied
    They should do a comedy double act but first change their names around so it's Jonathan Brand and Russell Ross. Their only joke would be Jonathan Brand trying to say Russell Ross. And for guest appearance they should have Jo Brand.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    Ross is far too expensive for us taxpayers. This is a great chance to dump him and he would not win a court case because everybody can see gross misconduct here.
    Yes dearie. Do you want a biscuit with your cup of tea? Countdown will be on in a while so just have a nice sit down until then.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X