• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brand & Ross Sacked by BBC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this whole this has just gone a bit OTT, and turned into a witch hunt.

I heard about this story on Sunday, and at that point there had been 2 complaints. Now I hear on the radio today there have been 27,000 complaints.

I bet the large majority of those complainants are just jumping on the witch-hunt created by the media.

As for the comment itself, not sensible really, but I am not surprised given Ross and Brands type of humor. Apologies were given, and that should have been the end of it.
    Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

You have to wonder how many of the people who have complained have actually heard the broadcast.

The story is only going on because the newspapers couldn't sell credit crunch news any more.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Ross is far too expensive for us taxpayers. This is a great chance to dump him and he would not win a court case because everybody can see gross misconduct here.

Comment

Witch hunt or not, it's an ideal opportunity to get rid of these two t0ss3rs for good.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
            Ross is far too expensive for us taxpayers. This is a great chance to dump him and he would not win a court case because everybody can see gross misconduct here.
            Yes dearie. Do you want a biscuit with your cup of tea? Countdown will be on in a while so just have a nice sit down until then.
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

They should do a comedy double act but first change their names around so it's Jonathan Brand and Russell Ross. Their only joke would be Jonathan Brand trying to say Russell Ross. And for guest appearance they should have Jo Brand.
              Bored.

Comment

I have just written a letter of complaint to the BBC, not because I am appalled by their behaviour but because it is a jolly good prank
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

they should both be put on the Sachs offenders register
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    I'll get your coat.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post