• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Idiot question on economy"

Collapse

• zara_backdog
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    I've admitted it before on here that my spelling can be a bit suspect as a result of being dyslexic, that's why I get my docs proof read, however it was Mailric touting for work as a BA using broken English.
    Ooh we would make a great team - both the PM and BA dyslexic That is why I tend to keep things simple.

Leave a comment:

• SantaClaus
    replied
    Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
    Nice Avatar. Can you keep that needle away from my b@ckside please.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    I've admitted it before on here that my spelling can be a bit suspect as a result of being dyslexic, that's why I get my docs proof read, however it was Mailric touting for work as a BA using broken English.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    acceptable
    And as a BA I have spent too much time correcting the PM's documentation.

This is a forum not a Functional Specification.

PS - I have not bothered to correct the grammer.
    grammar

Leave a comment:

• zara_backdog
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mailric
    replied
    acceptable

Such as "his docs were peppered with the errors" for example?

Leave a comment:

• zara_backdog
    replied
    In my experience people who think txtsp34k is acceptible in other communications don't notice when it creeps into their business docs, as a result it's necessary to intensively proof read their output to remove the U, UR, URE, URS rubbish and even use the right word for THEIR and THEY'RE since they tend to only use there. They tend to forget to capitalise and punctuate too.
    It's a matter of habit with the txtsp34king crowd and as a result I won't work with them especially a BA where language is totally critical.

I canned a BA from a project once because his docs were peppered with the errors, I don't have the time or money to waste as a PM dealing with inept and unprofessional Business Analysts.
    acceptable

Leave a comment:

• mailric
    replied
    In a document no.

no swear words either?

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by mailric View Post
    I bet you don't like smilies either....
    In a document no.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    ... as a result I won't work with them especially a BA where language is totally critical...
    ...whore. Language...

I suppose that one of the advantages of being a nuclear power, is that when the loan sharks come round to figuratively break your legs for non-payment, you can blast them into radioactive atoms. So they don't have quite the leverage.

Leave a comment:

• mailric
    replied
    In my experience people who think txtsp34k is acceptible in other communications don't notice when it creeps into their business docs, as a result it's necessary to intensively proof read their output to remove the U, UR, URE, URS rubbish and even use the right word for THEIR and THEY'RE since they tend to only use there. They tend to forget to capitalise and punctuate too.
    It's a matter of habit with the txtsp34king crowd and as a result I won't work with them especially a BA where language is totally critical.

I canned a BA from a project once because his docs were peppered with the errors, I don't have the time or money to waste as a PM dealing with inept and unprofessional Business Analysts.
    I bet you don't like smilies either....

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by mailric View Post
    That was V0.1 for internal review only...

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    If our decendents pick up the bill that's ok, I never liked the little barstewards anyway, just as long as time travelling intergalactic aliens don't come round my door threatening to break my legs if I don't find my part of the readies by Saturday.

Leave a comment:

• mailric
    replied
    Sorry I expect a Business Analyst to write in proper English without me needing to correct the documents before presenting to the client. I certainly wouldn't use your services based on your post.
    That was V0.1 for internal review only...

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    The Govt borrows by issuing bonds which investors purchase, which is the latter "lending to the Government". But they buy these to be paid interest for X years where X can be one of several values depending on when the bonds "mature", at which point the bonds are repaid. The interest and this repayment is the "future generations groaning under debt" bit.

I think that's roughly right, although it may be that repayments are sufficient to cover the principal over the lifetime of the bond as well as the interest, analogous to a repayment mortgage rather than an interest-only mortgage.

As I'm always saying, and people are probably sick of hearing it by now, the silver-lining to increasing Government debt is that sooner or later it correspondingly narrows their scope for blowing money on non-essential and intrusive projects, because only so much tax can be levied without the economy imploding.

In fact it's staggering that most of these expensive projects, like the olympics, and ID cards, and National Health backbone, haven't been ruthlessly thrown overboard already.
    And which investors are buying?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X