• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "why shaking hands is probably not a good idea"

Collapse

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Where do mention professional females in London having dirtier hands than men or manual workers? Hang on they don't do they, wonder where they are based. Perhaps in Soho with the other clean London men?
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 15 October 2008, 15:53.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/s...-200810151326/

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    All loo door handles should be coated in silver because bacteria does not survive for long on this material. Not really rocket-science, as this has been known throughout history.

http://www.utopiasilver.com/faq/history.htm

Leave a comment:

• Bob Dalek
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Is public transport also to blame for your lack of logic and English skills?
    be blamed

You thick pseud.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Dirty Northerners? How about

In the other three cities - London, Cardiff and Birmingham - the women's hands were dirtier.

Is that because most men are gay in London?

Manual workers had cleaner hands

So avoid professional women from London, they have poo on their hands.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by LEX200 View Post
    Bleedin public transport was never off sick once when i used to drive to work, in the 3 years ive been on tubes ive been ill more than i have ever been in my life
    Is public transport also to blame for your lack of logic and English skills?

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Most of the cells in your body are bacteria.

Leave a comment:

• LEX200
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    What happened to the old "a study showed that" those who travel on public transport have fewer infections than those who don't, because they are exposed continually? Or was that just for colds?

PS holidaying with masses of Brits? I feel unwell.
    Bleedin public transport was never off sick once when i used to drive to work, in the 3 years ive been on tubes ive been ill more than i have ever been in my life

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by bernie View Post
    in 3 out of 5 locations surveyed, women had greater faecal contamination than men . Maybe some of the wimmin on this board can comment on this ....
    Sign of where their hands have been?

LR...........................................

Leave a comment:

• bernie
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Shouldn't the title of this thread be "Dirty Notherners"?
    On a more serious note, so what if most people have faecal bacteria on their hands? This has probably been true for most of human history and the human body wouldn't be able to develop any resistance to infection if everything was squeaky clean.
    The fact that we only fall ill rarely suggests that it's not a big deal.

"Dirty Northerners" would have been too offensive to our northern cukers ..and another alternative title to this thread could have been "Dirty Women" . I think i read somewehere that in 3 out of 5 locations surveyed, women had greater faecal contamination than men . Maybe some of the wimmin on this board can comment on this ..and show this survey for the load of carp it is...

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Shouldn't the title of this thread be "Dirty Notherners"?
    On a more serious note, so what if most people have faecal bacteria on their hands? This has probably been true for most of human history and the human body wouldn't be able to develop any resistance to infection if everything was squeaky clean.
    The fact that we only fall ill rarely suggests that it's not a big deal.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
    Had Norovirus this year - very grim when you, your wife and your daughter are all vomiting together - all caused by infection from outbreak on holiday.

Solution - avoid holidaying with masses of Brits and don't use public transport. Working from home would help too...
    What happened to the old "a study showed that" those who travel on public transport have fewer infections than those who don't, because they are exposed continually? Or was that just for colds?

PS holidaying with masses of Brits? I feel unwell.

Leave a comment:

• Shimano105
    replied
    Had Norovirus this year - very grim when you, your wife and your daughter are all vomiting together - all caused by infection from outbreak on holiday.

Solution - avoid holidaying with masses of Brits and don't use public transport. Working from home would help too...

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    You wouldn't want to eat in any indian restaurant then
    This was an Irish Pub.

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    Saw the chef do that in one place, last time I ate there.
    You wouldn't want to eat in any indian restaurant then

Leave a comment:

Working...
X