• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

why shaking hands is probably not a good idea

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
    Had Norovirus this year - very grim when you, your wife and your daughter are all vomiting together - all caused by infection from outbreak on holiday.

Solution - avoid holidaying with masses of Brits and don't use public transport. Working from home would help too...
    What happened to the old "a study showed that" those who travel on public transport have fewer infections than those who don't, because they are exposed continually? Or was that just for colds?

PS holidaying with masses of Brits? I feel unwell.

Comment

Shouldn't the title of this thread be "Dirty Notherners"?
      On a more serious note, so what if most people have faecal bacteria on their hands? This has probably been true for most of human history and the human body wouldn't be able to develop any resistance to infection if everything was squeaky clean.
      The fact that we only fall ill rarely suggests that it's not a big deal.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Shouldn't the title of this thread be "Dirty Notherners"?
        On a more serious note, so what if most people have faecal bacteria on their hands? This has probably been true for most of human history and the human body wouldn't be able to develop any resistance to infection if everything was squeaky clean.
        The fact that we only fall ill rarely suggests that it's not a big deal.

"Dirty Northerners" would have been too offensive to our northern cukers ..and another alternative title to this thread could have been "Dirty Women" . I think i read somewehere that in 3 out of 5 locations surveyed, women had greater faecal contamination than men . Maybe some of the wimmin on this board can comment on this ..and show this survey for the load of carp it is...

Comment

Originally posted by bernie View Post
          in 3 out of 5 locations surveyed, women had greater faecal contamination than men . Maybe some of the wimmin on this board can comment on this ....
          Sign of where their hands have been?

LR...........................................

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
            What happened to the old "a study showed that" those who travel on public transport have fewer infections than those who don't, because they are exposed continually? Or was that just for colds?

PS holidaying with masses of Brits? I feel unwell.
            Bleedin public transport was never off sick once when i used to drive to work, in the 3 years ive been on tubes ive been ill more than i have ever been in my life

Comment

Most of the cells in your body are bacteria.

Comment

Originally posted by LEX200 View Post
                Bleedin public transport was never off sick once when i used to drive to work, in the 3 years ive been on tubes ive been ill more than i have ever been in my life
                Is public transport also to blame for your lack of logic and English skills?
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Dirty Northerners? How about

In the other three cities - London, Cardiff and Birmingham - the women's hands were dirtier.

Is that because most men are gay in London?

Manual workers had cleaner hands

So avoid professional women from London, they have poo on their hands.
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    Is public transport also to blame for your lack of logic and English skills?
                    be blamed

You thick pseud.

Comment

All loo door handles should be coated in silver because bacteria does not survive for long on this material. Not really rocket-science, as this has been known throughout history.

http://www.utopiasilver.com/faq/history.htm

Comment

Working...
                      X