• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Cameron

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Cameron"

Collapse

• tay
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    You'd like China...
    And Australia.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by moorfield View Post
    At best IR35 will be left quietly on the back burner. No government will ever repeal revenue raising powers, however badly implemented they are. Pitt the Younger in 1798 said that income tax would only be a temporary measure!

I don't think this raises much extra tax, but it must cost a lot of civil servants, lawyers etc to implement. I'd abolish IR35 and sack thousands of IR non-job staff.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
    This one gets on my nips. The right to vote INCLUDES the right to abstain, and long may it continue.
    whs

Sorry BM.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Bottom line for me. We all know the difference from what is right and what is wrong. Every individual knows this. This notion becomes a lost cause when people develop large organised groups.

Trying to create equilibrium of wealth is a joke. You press the reset button and you'll always have rich and poor. That's not important. What is important is to realise you don't need wealth to live.

Leave a comment:

• daviejones
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
    I would venture it is not so much Governments that wage war but commercial lobbying groups which effectively steer and manipualte Government down that path - thats why Blair could safely ignore the 90 per cent of the UK population whom were against the War and still win the next election.
    90%? Where did we get this nugget from?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    You'd like China...
    Look it's an opinion.

Quit with the personal jibes.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post

Eligible voters should be forced to vote!
    You'd like China...

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    But in this X-factor generation,
    I like that.

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    But in this X-factor generation, the public think they should be able to vote out MPs/governments just because they don't like something. We'd have a new PM every 4 weeks if it went on what the public want.
    No I don't. I don't mind the PM continuing with a term as it is, none whatsoever. To have hundreds of thousands of people march on the streets and not have one bit of influence on the PM's decisions scares me. The French do not have this problem...

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    That's why we end up in a pickle.

(Your opinion may differ.)
    You get fined for not voting in Mrs PL's country of origin.

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    What gets on my tits is the people who just can not be arsed.
    Maybe they should introduce an X-factor style phone in.

Leave a comment:

• moorfield
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    What gets on my tits is the people who just can not be arsed.
    ... and then start whinging about the state of the NHS, schools etc. etc. WHS.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    You have a right to vote. Why do you abuse that right by not voting?
    In one word: Trust

Not voting is a conscience decision, not laziness, so perhaps I am voting in a way.

I'll vote on local issues that effect the community I live in, that's important to me. The scales of economy are so diverse throughout our country I don't see how one rule can apply to all.

Leave a comment:

• TheBigYinJames
    replied
    That's why we end up in a pickle.
    (Your opinion may differ.)
    Which it does. if you force people to vote, we end up with spoiled ballot papers, stupid novelty parties splitting the proper vote, and a police state where ordinary people are forced to take part in a political process which is recorded and can be used against them.

I prefer the few freedoms we have left.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
    This one gets on my nips. The right to vote INCLUDES the right to abstain, and long may it continue.
    I agree with that, as long as it is a considered decision.
    What gets on my tits is the people who just can not be arsed. Gaining the right to vote has been (and still is for some) a long hard road. A struggle that should not be thrown away lightly.

Leave a comment:

• moorfield
    replied
    Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post

I wonder...the death of IR35 perhaps?
    At best IR35 will be left quietly on the back burner. No government will ever repeal revenue raising powers, however badly implemented they are. Pitt the Younger in 1798 said that income tax would only be a temporary measure!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
    I would venture it is not so much Governments that wage war but commercial lobbying groups which effectively steer and manipualte Government down that path - thats why Blair could safely ignore the 90 per cent of the UK population whom were against the War and still win the next election.
    Quick, they might be reading your brain-waves, get your tin-foil hat.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X