• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: More missing data

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "More missing data"

Collapse

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by scooby View Post
    cant you get the details off the web anyway?? is this more than what is on the register?
    You can get the business addresses and the names of the directors but this appears to have had personal addresses of directors, insolvency agents and other financial info as well.

Leave a comment:

• the_rangdo
    replied
    Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
    The Adventure Game: superb!
    Just don't get telly like it any more

Leave a comment:

• scooby
    replied
    cant you get the details off the web anyway?? is this more than what is on the register?

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
    Data protection, at Government level, should surely be burglar-proof? That's what encryption is there for.
    I agree with that and what DaveB says, but the implication in the reporting oh never mind.................. mutter stamp........mutter.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Dalek
    replied
    Data protection, at Government level, should surely be burglar-proof? That's what encryption is there for.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    What I meant was that other data loss has been due to sticks, discs and lappies being transported here and there with no concern for security, some even left unattended.

This was lost due to a criminal act.
    Yes, but it could still have been prevented had the laptop been locked away securely or not had the data on it in the first place.

There have been a couple of other instances where a laptop with sensitive data was stolen from an inadequately secured office.

Laptops are a high risk item and need additional control to mitigate that risk. Thnking they are safe just because they are kept in the office doesn't count.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Depends on whether they bothered to lock the office doors and windows, lock the lappy(s) away out of sight, why they had the data on it on the first place rather than accessing it from the central server etc etc etc.

Not really enough detail in the article to blame or exhonerate them.
    What I meant was that other data loss has been due to sticks, discs and lappies being transported here and there with no concern for security, some even left unattended.

This was lost due to a criminal act.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I don't think there is so much blame here. The lappy was stolen from their premises. I know it was a lappy and therefore likely to be taken away, but give em some cred.

BTW: How many of our erstwhile contributors may be detailed in that data?
    Depends on whether they bothered to lock the office doors and windows, lock the lappy(s) away out of sight, why they had the data on it on the first place rather than accessing it from the central server etc etc etc.

Not really enough detail in the article to blame or exhonerate them.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    I don't think there is so much blame here. The lappy was stolen from their premises. I know it was a lappy and therefore likely to be taken away, but give em some cred.

BTW: How many of our erstwhile contributors may be detailed in that data?

Leave a comment:

• Bob Dalek
    replied
    ID cards... can't wait!

The Adventure Game: superb!

Leave a comment:

• the_rangdo
    started a topic More missing data

More missing data

Linky

Does anyone learn

Working...