• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Ifyoulikeitsomuchwhydontyougolivethere?"

Collapse

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    That's what I think.

He's trying too hard now. Not half as funny as Chico.
    Indeed.

The Chico-alt was written with flair and panache.

C79 is almost the complete opposite.

Essentially the method of protagonism to elicit response is the same. That and other clues obviously.

It's boring now tbh.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
    yes - burn em both

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    That's what I think.

But then, I think Mr L Box was an alt as well.
    Which is why I would never eat his marmalade

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    c79=lb
    That's what I think.

But then, I think Mr L Box was an alt as well.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    c79=lb

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    You support the church being part of the state?
    Of course I do.

The government would screw it up in their usual fashion. Everybody would become disenchanted with it in no time and it would go the way of British Industry

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    yes - burn em both

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    So do the religious. At least in the UK you don't get a government collected church tax.

I'm firmly in favour of disestablishmentarianism.
    Now my brain hurts again.

I'm firmly in favour of antidisestablishmentarianism

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    So do the religious. At least in the UK you don't get a government collected church tax.

I'm firmly in favour of disestablishmentarianism.

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Ask any atheistic group to fund any religious school and you'll get the same response. So does that mean that atheists don't care and don't have compassion either?
    All atheists, UK based, tax paying at least, already do this.

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    Originally posted by contractor79 View Post
    KO punch there
    Do we have a deal?

Leave a comment:

• contractor79
    replied
    Ask any atheistic group to fund any religious school and you'll get the same response. So does that mean that atheists don't care and don't have compassion either?
    KO punch there

Leave a comment:

• Bob Dalek
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Eating snacks next to a half-starving muslim at 4pm would remind them of their hunger and the sacrifice they're making for their faith. So you'd actually be doing them a favour
    Top Tip: Keep an eye on the biscuit tin - beardies like 'em for "extra curricular" activities. If your Oyster card also goes walkies, it's a cert that something's afoot.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Radio 4 friday afternoon... basically the whole fiasco was simply the council asking for non-muslim councilors to be sensative to the fact that their muslim colleagues might be flipin starvin, especially during late meetings. ..
    Eating snacks next to a half-starving muslim at 4pm would remind them of their hunger and the sacrifice they're making for their faith. So you'd actually be doing them a favour

Leave a comment:

Working...
X