• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Tea Leaf Gets Caught and Blubs"

Collapse

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Same thing happened to me once.

I was offloading this pile of lead flashing off the church roof.
    A copper came up to me and said "What are you doing?"
    I explained that I was removing the old lead so that it could be replaced with new.
    He Said "Who told you to do it, And at 2 AM?"

"Bulgger!" I said, "I'm so busy, I forgot I didn't have a contract to do the job"

These things do happen see

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I stand corrected

again !!!

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
    It's a gift - I have no control over it

Leave a comment:

• Bob Dalek
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
    I see what you've done there.
    It's a gift - I have no control over it

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    You chimp!
    I see what you've done there.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Dalek
    replied
    No, she wasn't. Try reading the story - she was offered the chance to plead guilty and avoid appearing in court. She would still have got a record.
    You chimp!

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    ...She said: "The only thing I am guilty of is forgetfulness. It was a simple human error - I am not a criminal and I wanted to plead not guilty." Her case was heard last Thursday. TfL said it had offered Ms Krogh the opportunity to pay £102 and receive no criminal record, but she was adamant she wanted to put her case forward.
    Silly bint. Why did she think she wasn't guilty? She forgot. No-one else. Her responsibility alone.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
    What a great country this is.

The lunatics are running the asylum, the jobsworths are operating it, the benefitters are fighting the housing-marketeers to vote for it, and the world's worst press are recording it.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Same thing happened to me once.

I was offloading this pile of lead flashing off the church roof.
    A copper came up to me and said "What are you doing?"
    I explained that I was removing the old lead so that it could be replaced with new.
    He Said "Who told you to do it, And at 2 AM?"

"Bulgger!" I said, "I'm so busy, I forgot I didn't have a contract to do the job"

These things do happen see

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    its you who cant read

She said: "The only thing I am guilty of is forgetfulness. It was a simple human error - I am not a criminal and I wanted to plead not guilty." Her case was heard last Thursday. TfL said it had offered Ms Krogh the opportunity to pay £102 and receive no criminal record, but she was adamant she wanted to put her case forward.

I stand corrected

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    No, she wasn't. Try reading the story - she was offered the chance to plead guilty and avoid appearing in court. She would still have got a record.
    its you who cant read

She said: "The only thing I am guilty of is forgetfulness. It was a simple human error - I am not a criminal and I wanted to plead not guilty." Her case was heard last Thursday. TfL said it had offered Ms Krogh the opportunity to pay £102 and receive no criminal record, but she was adamant she wanted to put her case forward.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Remember, she was offered a "No Criminal Record" way out

Leave a comment:

• Malingering BA
    replied
    I represented myself because I thought I had to stand up for myself
    Oh dear. Oh dearie dear.

Did she not pay attention at her UK citizenship classes? A legal aid brief would not only have got her off but won her compensation for the distress caused.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Dalek
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I bet she sells drugs to children too.
    If she did, I bet she'd still try the "flutter the eyes and flash the tits" approach in court.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    There are PLENTY of "Oh, it's not really stealing" slags out there. And I am soooo pleased to see one of 'em get properly screwed for it. Remember, she was offered a "No Criminal Record" way out, and, like any of her Fagin-like ilk would have done if in the same boat, she just had to take a punt on the "I'm blonde, a mother and am just SO busy, your honour." wheeze. F--k her.
    I bet she sells drugs to children too.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X