• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Posh Calculators

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Posh Calculators"

Collapse

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Does it come with an instruction manual?
    And what colour does it come in

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Forget the calculator (you friggin geeks) and take the young lady up the Oxo Tower for bit of relaxing pleasure.
    Does it come with an instruction manual?

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Forget the calculator (you friggin geeks) and take the young lady up the Oxo Tower for bit of relaxing pleasure.
    A classic.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Malingering BA
    replied
    I bought one at Poundland last Christmas for, well, a pound. It has all the usual statistical and scientific functions and seems to give the same answers as other more expensive calculators.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Get her one of these

I have the old TI83. I want the TI83 plus now though. (please )

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    I'm sure this guy can sort you out, his mate seems to have a few as well

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    I'd love a symbolic calculator, i.e. one that could solve integrals and other formulae symbolically rather than just numerically.

Maybe I'm getting old fashioned but does anyone hanker after the old M+ and MR memory keys of yore? Newer calculators come with memory history and extra stores but the old M+ and memory recall was quicker to do than hitting SHIFT-STO, ALPA-[alpha-key]...ALPHA-[alpha-key]. I prefer my old Casio-fx57c over my newer calculators and will miss it greatly when it finally expires.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    I'm sure you could get a £30 calculator and then stick £5000 worth of diamonds on it if you want to.
    Or super-glue a Rolex to it!

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    get her a solar powered, low emission , edible in an emergency, jobby. As a potential accountant, she would probably appreciate one that is future proofed against any rise in CED, that's calculator Excise duty.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Wanted something with a bit more bling for her first day back at college
    http://www.letscrystalit.com/prodDet...40&Caller=2,57

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    If carlsberg made calculators

I know you love them.
    Actually an iPhone or iPod Touch is probably a good shout.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    If carlsberg made calculators

I know you love them.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Close but she has something like the casio already.
    Wanted something with a bit more bling for her first day back at college

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    You must really hate her!

What sort of repeat business is she going to get from clients if she is seen with a Rolex-Calc? “Damn woman must be making a mint of money out of us to have one of those., mutter, mutter, ..... Won’t have her back again”.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X