• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Dinosaurs stopped evolving millions of years earlier than thought"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    So basically, T Rex was just a big chicken with attitude
    Turned out to be a turkey in the long term...

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    It seems that lots of dinosaurs were feathered. The friend I referred to earlier (who, a quick Googling reveals, prefers to be described as a "paleotechnician") often deals with feathered dinosaur fossils, frequently still in the egg
    So basically, T Rex was just a big chicken with attitude

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Velociraptor is also now known to have been feathered.
    It seems that lots of dinosaurs were feathered. The friend I referred to earlier (who, a quick Googling reveals, prefers to be described as a "paleotechnician") often deals with feathered dinosaur fossils, frequently still in the egg

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by beaker View Post
    How do explain Jurassic Park then?
    I was going to ask you that

Besides, they got the size of the velociraptor wrong. It was smaller than other dromaeosaurids like Deinonychus and Achillobator, and was only the size of a turkey. Velociraptor is also now known to have been feathered.

Leave a comment:

• beaker
    replied
    How do explain Jurassic Park then?

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by SizeZero View Post
    They sulk if they don't!

Leave a comment:

• SizeZero
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    birds came first
    They sulk if they don't!

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Don't you guys know where the birds came from?

I have two words for you: Dolmansaxlil Shoe Corporation. They are the reason why birds evolved.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
    Of course birds were the first. They are the only ones that could fly here from other planets.
    Sorry EO, I stand corrected

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    When are they going to produce fossil evidence?
    Of all the billions of tons of rock and earth moved, of all the millions of fossils unearthed, where is the authentic fossil evidence to support the Hypothesis?

er, confused.
    where did they talk about fossil evidence ?

I think you misunderstand the way science move forward. They dont HAVE to produce anything.

maybe they will make an exception for you if you ask nicely

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Of all the billions of tons of rock and earth moved, of all the millions of fossils unearthed, where is the authentic fossil evidence to support the Hypothesis?

If my palaeontologist mate is down the pub I'll ask him about it - he's supposed to be one of the world's leading experts on something or other to do with dinosaur fossils, so he'd probably know.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    its a hypothesis, full of guesswork. its gets put forward as a new idea.
    people look at it and say ' wow , that would also explain x y and z'
    others look at it and say 'no way, what about a b and c'

If it survives a while, it becomes a theory, and it makes claims.

then its your chance to demolish it, by refuting the claims.

At the moment BCF is a hypothesis, it stands up quite well. When it gains a bit more status and becomes a mainstream theory, maybe you will demolish it for us?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Guesswork
    its a hypothesis, full of guesswork. its gets put forward as a new idea.
    people look at it and say ' wow , that would also explain x y and z'
    others look at it and say 'no way, what about a b and c'

If it survives a while, it becomes a theory, and it makes claims.

then its your chance to demolish it, by refuting the claims.

At the moment BCF is a hypothesis, it stands up quite well. When it gains a bit more status and becomes a mainstream theory, maybe you will demolish it for us?

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Ah , I cant answer your questions with any authority. I am aware of a Birds Came First hypothesis, which I happen to find quite weighty. Thats about as far as I am prepared to go

http://www.dinoruss.com/de_4/5c60bbe.htm

Guesswork

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    1. why are no bird fossils found below

And don't quote the nut fringe that claim they evolved from reptiles prior to the dinosaurs. there is no fossil evidence whatsoever.

Ah , I cant answer your questions with any authority. I am aware of a Birds Came First hypothesis, which I happen to find quite weighty. Thats about as far as I am prepared to go

http://www.dinoruss.com/de_4/5c60bbe.htm

Leave a comment:

Working...
X