• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "£800 to park me car outside the house..."

Collapse

• b0redom
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Car hire is starting to appeal... hassle factor I suppose, grew up in the age of convenience I like being able to walk out the house straight to the car.
    But for that sort of money, you're into Porsche/SLK rental. I got a new Boxster for the weekend inc unlimited mileage for about £600. They even delivered it to my door.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    It's the principle.

PS: got them to 1200.

Leave a comment:

• Spartacus
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    <cough> the 3 litre engine was an evolution of the 2.6... apparently Rover were unhappy with the concept of siamesed bores at the time, so the 3 litre engine was longer to accomodate the larger bore necessary to reach 3 litres...

I count rivets too.

Neither engine could be described as short stroke, since both were designed with the RAC hp rating in mind...
    Yeah, WHS.

Leave a comment:

• zeitghost
    replied
    <cough> the 3 litre engine was an evolution of the 2.6... apparently Rover were unhappy with the concept of siamesed bores at the time, so the 3 litre engine was longer to accomodate the larger bore necessary to reach 3 litres...

I count rivets too.

Neither engine could be described as short stroke, since both were designed with the RAC hp rating in mind...

Leave a comment:

• Spartacus
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    <cough> 2.6 litre...
    Apologies, you are right. It had the short stroke version of the P5's 3 litre engine.

Leave a comment:

• zeitghost
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
    Fella a couple of doors down the road from me has got a 1961 Rover 100 in immaculate condition. 3 litre engine so a bit thirsty. Beautiful car though.

Old lady opposite has a Ford Zephyr. That's not in such good condition, quite rusty bodywork, but she goes and does her shopping in it every week.

There's a Hillman Hunter parked at the bottom of the road quite often as well. Not sure whose it is though.
    <cough> 2.6 litre...

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
    It's the principle.

PS: got them to 1200.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by b0redom View Post
    Erm, so why don't you sell it, and just rent one when you go somewhere? That way you get a new car every time you want/need it, plus no depreciation, no road tax, no maintainence etc....
    Car hire is starting to appeal... hassle factor I suppose, grew up in the age of convenience I like being able to walk out the house straight to the car.

If there was general election tomorrow it would tory all the way in this household.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
    Yes. My heart bleeds lumpy shark-infested sh1te for the op too.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    So me car tax has gone up to £450 a year

Now Edinbra council what to double the cost of me permit to reflect the emissions of the car.. now £320

Grand total to have me car sitting outside the winda: £770!!!!
    New contract on the table offering just over £1100 a day....

Seriously.

credit crunch, wot credit crunch?

Leave a comment:

• b0redom
    replied
    Problem is I don't often do. I don't commute and I'm still running around on half a tank since filling up at the beginning of the month.

When I do drive it might be to the other side of the country up in to the west coast - so you want comfort. Hence the heavy car.
    Erm, so why don't you sell it, and just rent one when you go somewhere? That way you get a new car every time you want/need it, plus no depreciation, no road tax, no maintainence etc....

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    or this one:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUSTIN-MINI-CO...3286.m14.l1318

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• Spartacus
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    Good spot. Nice motor.

Leave a comment:

• ace00
    replied
    Fun!

1973 MUSTANG CONVERTIBLE

THIS IS A TWO OWNER CAR
    ONE OLDER REPAINT ON A STRAIGHT BODY TO THE ORIGINAL COLOR 6 F GOLD GLOW
    BLACK STRIPES
    BLACK POWER CONVERTIBLE TOP
    TAN INTERIOR WITH BUCKET SEATS
    POWER STEERING
    DISC BRAKES
    302 F CODE ENGINE
    3 SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION
    ORIGINAL STYLE RIMS WITH THIN WHITE WALLS
    DRIVES AND LOOKS GREAT!!!!

$8000

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-...3756.m14.l1318

When global warming dries up all the Ocean you can just drive it here!

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    and this one:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MERCEDES-BENZ-...3286.m14.l1318

Milan.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X