• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Lunatics running the asylum."

Collapse

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    they took a roll of wrapping paper off me at Christmas in Manchester airport ...... seriously, what fliping harm was I going to do with it???

Crazy
    Paper cuts can be a real f*cker!

Leave a comment:

• zathras
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    Flew from Amsterdam to Heathrow on Friday for the weekend. Carried my umbrella, which indeed proved useful. Came back this morning: jobsworth at Terminal 1 insisted I check it in. For "security".

No, I won't know better next time. There won't be a next time at Heathrow if I can help it.
    Maybe he thought you were a former agent of the Bulgarian Government with poisonous ball bearings in the tip

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Did you explain that the terrorists aren't Irish any more? They can be a bit slow on the uptake in Manchester
    I've tried that one

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    they took a roll of wrapping paper off me at Christmas in Manchester airport ...... seriously, what fliping harm was I going to do with it???

Crazy
    Did you explain that the terrorists aren't Irish any more? They can be a bit slow on the uptake in Manchester

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Thats the point, it doesn't fall into any of the "restricted" categories or descriptions so he should be allowed to carry it onboard.
    Tortoises aren't mentioned there either. Right! Time to take the family pet on a world tour! He can look out of the window, sample champagne and eat his (my) greens! Hurrah!

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied

Crazy
    Poke the captain's eye out with it, you fiendish fiend you !

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    they took a roll of wrapping paper off me at Christmas in Manchester airport ...... seriously, what fecking harm was I going to do with it???

Crazy

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Is it me? Couldn't find any mention of "umbrella" in there.
    I don't see it mentioned either.

The plonkers.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Thats the point, it doesn't fall into any of the "restricted" categories or descriptions so he should be allowed to carry it onboard.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    They can be utter twunts sometimes, but it helps to have a small-format print of this in your hand baggage for when they forget the rules.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Flew from Amsterdam to Heathrow on Friday for the weekend. Carried my umbrella, which indeed proved useful. Came back this morning: jobsworth at Terminal 1 insisted I check it in. For "security".

No, I won't know better next time. There won't be a next time at Heathrow if I can help it.
    They can be utter twunts sometimes, but it helps to have a small-format print of this in your hand baggage for when they forget the rules.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    started a topic Lunatics running the asylum.

Lunatics running the asylum.

Working...
X