• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Lunch At Desk!!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Lunch At Desk!!"

Collapse

• FiveTimes
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    Thank you for proving my "Bagpuss never listens to a word I say" argument

5-4ish.
    I'm only big in the wide and titted sense (which isn't the same as "wide titted" sense.)
    That's a shame...

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Well, I decide to log in for the first time since the end of Feb (having been stuck firmly up my own rear end for the past few months!) and am now feeling like I need to review my eating habits and make sure my life is not in danger!!

Although saying that, I don't bother with a knife and fork, I just grab big handfuls and shove it down my gregory.

I would say 'nice to see you back' Sally but having not been around myself, I wouldn't know if you'd been here or not! I removed my facebook account (decided I didn't like their privacy policy) so I apologise if you left me any messages that got subsequently ignored. But very well done on the weight loss. I still desperately need to shift about 4st myself and am just too darn lazy to do it.

On the up side, I bought a Nissan 350z and am currently being all smug at the chavs in my street. I was going to try and move house but that's now only worth 10p so I got the car instead. At least I can rent a garage and sleep in that if things all go a bit tango uniform.

Best of luck with the new job! Jammy git for getting a local one, I'm now doing the two-hour commute up to London each day (beats Swindon though!).

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    5ft 4 horizontal?

I'm only kidding like lass, look after yerself

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    I thought you were a tall BBW.
    Thank you for proving my "Bagpuss never listens to a word I say" argument

5-4ish.
    I'm only big in the wide and titted sense (which isn't the same as "wide titted" sense.)

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    6ft? eh?

What you babbling on about now?

It's good to know some things never change
    I thought you were a tall BBW.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave.Mac View Post
    Strawberry blondes just ginger with a great PR company
    Fwoar - who might you be then?

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    6ft of size 18 ginger woman is enough for any man
    6ft? eh?

What you babbling on about now?

It's good to know some things never change

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucy View Post
    Oh yay

A tight-arse, middle-aged, FT obsessed, Swindon-based, prawn in a sports car.

What more could a girl want.

You're obviously marrying the wrong man Sal
    There you go again Lucy, jumping to conclusions. How do you know that SA is not getting hitched to DP ?

Leave a comment:

• TheVoice
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
    Some of us don't want to lose an hour's invoicables chewing on a crappy canteen sarny...
    Charge by the day & then go out every lunchtime to somewhere nicer

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Start spraying air freshner about your head as he's eating and turn your nose up and ask if anyone else can smell that horrible smell. He'll get the hint
    That will have about about the same effect as coughing when someone lights a fag

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Start spraying air freshner about your head as he's eating and turn your nose up and ask if anyone else can smell that horrible smell. He'll get the hint
    Either that or drop a big grunt when he's about to start eating. He'll soon move.

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    In response to the OP, why not either get some headphones or walk away? If you're not usually allowed headphones, then put them on pointedly once the eating starts, and if anyone asks just say that you can't concentrate with all the noise.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by TheVoice View Post
    Anyone who is sad enough in the first place to eat at their desk needs their head examined & is quite clearly a looney!
    Nonsense. I have lunch at my desk so I can catch up with various news sites and post drivel in TPD. What good is it having lunch without an Internet connection?

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
    Some of us don't want to lose an hour's invoicables chewing on a crappy canteen sarny...
    Ditto, it's either a sandwich and surf the net, or listen to the permies talk about performance reviews, training or Big Brother.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X