• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: North/South devide

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "North/South devide"

Collapse

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Crikey, such vitriol.
    I aim to please

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    I am extremely glad not to be counted as one of them. The are very welcome to their stinking fetid tuliphole of a city, and all the tourists they love so much, and their rubbish derivative stand up comedy about which part of it you are from - as if anyone cares.
    Crikey, such vitriol.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    and you have Plastic Scousers

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    The problem with Wales is!

We have Northerners and Southerners for neighbours

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
    And that's why people get so annoyed at Lunneners. Even people barely 25 miles away are counted as 'not us'
    I am extremely glad not to be counted as one of them. The are very welcome to their stinking fetid tuliphole of a city, and all the tourists they love so much, and their rubbish derivative stand up comedy about which part of it you are from - as if anyone cares.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    It's grim up north

I live in the Midlands. Cheap houses, no whippets

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    And that's why people get so annoyed at Lunneners. Even people barely 25 miles away are counted as 'not us'
    The North starts 25 miles from London, it be lands end. After that the rest of the UK is Marsh and Swamp land. Best live ye life within 25 sq miles of the UK. You go elsewhere at your peril.

(Helps keep the southerners out ;-) )

Leave a comment:

• TheBigYinJames
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    That may be true, but when someone asks me what I think of the South East, I wouldn't be thinking of Suffolk, I'd be thinking Home Counties and Greater London.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    I'm not talking about regional names, I'm talking about cardinal points. Divide the map of the Uk into 4 quarters, and Suffolk is in the south east. What regional govt chooses to call istelf is irrelevant.
    That may be true, but when someone asks me what I think of the South East, I wouldn't be thinking of Suffolk, I'd be thinking Home Counties and Greater London.

Leave a comment:

• TheBigYinJames
    replied
    It may be South East on a Map but it is not considered to be 'the' South East, that ends somewhere in Essex or possibly Herts.
    Suffolk is in East Anglia.
    I'm not talking about regional names, I'm talking about cardinal points. Divide the map of the Uk into 4 quarters, and Suffolk is in the south east. What regional govt chooses to call istelf is irrelevant.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    It's amazing what difference one definite article can make to a pedantic thread.

Correction: but geographically, it's the south east of the UK.
    It may be South East on a Map but it is not considered to be 'the' South East, that ends somewhere in Essex or possibly Herts.
    Suffolk is in East Anglia.
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 30 June 2008, 12:01.

Leave a comment:

• TheBigYinJames
    replied
    Originally posted by DS23 View Post
    that'd be belgium then?
    It's amazing what difference one definite article can make to a pedantic thread.

Correction: but geographically, it's the south east of the UK.

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    that'd be belgium then?

Leave a comment:

• TheBigYinJames
    replied
    I though Suffolk was classified as East?
    Yeh i think it is in terms of London-centric BBC news programmes who think that Northamptonshire is 'the north' , but geographically, it's south east of the UK.

Leave a comment:

• shelby68
    replied
    Spot on, having lived, both North and South and Midlands (they always get forgotten), I'd have to say it's more grim down south, with a few exceptions.
    I much prefer countryside to concrete.

The middlands don't get forgotten they just get overlooked as theres nothing there other than the motorway joining the North to the South....

http://1.2.3.9/bmi/forums.contractor...lies/wink3.gif

Leave a comment:

Working...
X