• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: LL at work?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "LL at work?"

Collapse

• miffy
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    taken

reeking

You been drinking?
    Nope, I'm totally sober <hic>

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by miffy View Post

Whilst working on a Y2K project in the smoke, I got took to a strip club one lunchtime with a few colleagues (by the client as well), and had half a dozen pints followed by a curry and half a bottle of wine.

Probably the best lunchtime I've ever had (and probably ever will have).

I felt bad going back to work plastered (and wreaking of beer) but the client paid for it.
    taken

reeking

You been drinking?

Leave a comment:

• miffy
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Did 8 pints once, but forgot to go back to work, so I guess that doesn't count.

Whilst working on a Y2K project in the smoke, I got took to a strip club one lunchtime with a few colleagues (by the client as well), and had half a dozen pints followed by a curry and half a bottle of wine.

Probably the best lunchtime I've ever had (and probably ever will have).

I felt bad going back to work plastered (and wreaking of beer) but the client paid for it.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by Dow Jones View Post
    Best of luck. I hope you carry on posting - SG will miss you otherwise (did you wish him well for his 10000 post?)
    Thanks.

Not yet. Will do.

Leave a comment:

• Dow Jones
    replied
    Off-ski

Best of luck. I hope you carry on posting - SG will miss you otherwise (did you wish him well for his 10000 post?)

Leave a comment:

• MrsGoof
    replied
    Once had 2 jugs of Pimms all to myself,

although I was WFH in the garden

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Leaving do? Yours?
    Not really a do. I used my ROS to get in a replacement. Just went out with a few folk I worked with on the project. I start in Amsterdam middle of next week.

Leave a comment:

• Dow Jones
    replied
    Stoned

Leaving do? Yours?

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Not just me, the whole team stopped going out.
    I know what you are going to say next...

PS Are you WFH OS? Or for a drinks company?
    Nope, never work from home. Media company at the moment.

Actually I seldom go out for drinks over lunch.

Leave a comment:

• Dow Jones
    replied
    Not just me, the whole team stopped going out.
    I know what you are going to say next...

PS Are you WFH OS? Or for a drinks company?

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Are we talking about Fridays here or every day?
    4 and 5 pints for lunch everyday is an unbelievable amount. Used to go out with the team on Fridays, but no longer the case.
    wimp

Leave a comment:

• Dow Jones
    replied
    Lunch??

Are we talking about Fridays here or every day?
    4 and 5 pints for lunch everyday is an unbelievable amount. Used to go out with the team on Fridays, but no longer the case.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    No - at my age I might as well take a sleeping bag into the office. Just can't hack lunchtime drinking any more (other than at Christmas)

Many years ago I had quite a few on my birthday, then went back to the office, told the boss I was taking the rest of the day off, and walked out again.

The next day he commented that he was rather impressed at how drunk I'd managed to get in such a short space of time

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Did 8 pints once, but forgot to go back to work, so I guess that doesn't count.

Leave a comment:

• bobsmithldn
    started a poll LL at work?

LL at work?

One pint
    16.67%
    Two pints
    11.11%
    Three pints
    5.56%
    Four pints
    5.56%
    >=5
    5.56%
    Used to - but too dangerous in the current climate.
    16.67%
    No - unprofessional, etc. etc.
    38.89%
    Do you have a Liquid Lunch at work?

Working...
X