• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Next General Election"

Collapse

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    I don't think. I know they will do better !!!! New Lie are the biggest incompetent losers of all time. It will not take any geniuses to improve on their total failure. They have managed to interfere and lower standards in all areas.

For example:

Blair incorporated the Human Rights Act into British Law, the ramifications of which have been disastrious.

Immigration !!

etc etc etc
    Hmm - Human Rights - what a terrible idea.

As for immigration - one (big) problem we have is that a penny pinching government removed exit controls which means we (in theory) know who came in to the UK, but we have no idea who's left again. Who abolished exit controls?

I agree this government has made some stinking foul-ups and lied to us (Iraq and ID cards are top of my hate list), but quite a few of these things were agreed to by Tories - you have already made totally bogus claims about Tory taxation and failed to back up any of them with any evidence. Time will tell if you are right about the next Troy government - one things for sure, no matter how bad they are, you'll think they are faultless

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    Isn't UTC something the Americans invented because they couldn't stand the idea of GMT containing evidence that we invented it?

A bit like the fact that it's compulsory for all the villains in their films to be English?
    I was in the states about eight years ago, after a few weeks I was longing for a reminder of home.
    Thomas the tank engine came ob the motel telly and I thought 'great Ringo Starr'

It was voiced over by some crumby Yank fking mid west toss pot
    Why couldn't they have left well alone ? gits

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    I reckon UTC really means 'Under The Clock'.
    Isn't UTC something the Americans invented because they couldn't stand the idea of GMT containing evidence that we invented it?

A bit like the fact that it's compulsory for all the villains in their films to be English?

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by shelby68 View Post
    In all fairness they have blown it mainly on badly managed IT projects that have kept a lot of contractors (that would be us) in reasonably steady, reasonably well paid employment....for what its worth thats my two peneth.
    If we had been getting the money instead of jealous legislation the jobs would have been done on time and would have worked.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by shelby68 View Post
    In all fairness they have blown it mainly on badly managed IT projects that have kept a lot of contractors (that would be us) in reasonably steady, reasonably well paid employment....for what its worth thats my two peneth.
    A tiny proportion of the money has gone to us.

Most has gone to American or German businesses (EDS, SAP, CSC, etc.) so the money has even left the country.

Leave a comment:

• shelby68
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    I can't bring myself to laugh at the whole New Labour disaster. The fact that they've pissed away billions upon billions on our ridiculously bloated public sector in the name of "investment" makes me quite sick.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Next Tuesday, between 15:37 and 16:12 (UTC).
    I reckon UTC really means 'Under The Clock'.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    WHS

When will WHS be as annoying as "Me too!"?
    Next Tuesday, between 15:37 and 16:12 (UTC).

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Based on the above and on my experience of Governments of varying complexion since the days when "We've never had it so good"... they are all, without exception, self serving, lying, thieving scumbags who should be stood up against a convenient wall & shot.
    WHS

When will WHS be as annoying as "Me too!"?

Leave a comment:

• dinker
    replied
    Highest level of household debt in the entire world!

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Does anyone think the Torys would be any better?

I don't think. I know they will do better !!!! New Lie are the biggest incompetent losers of all time. It will not take any geniuses to improve on their total failure. They have managed to interfere and lower standards in all areas.

For example:

Blair incorporated the Human Rights Act into British Law, the ramifications of which have been disastrious.

Brown destroyed private sector pensions with his annual billions tax grab.

The run on Northern Rock caused by government incompetence, exacerbated by Brown's great idea of splitting the monitoring of the banking system which has allowed banks to lend with total disregard to their capital ratios.

Unquantifiable levels of sleaze.

Numerous examples of penny-pinching but total ignorance when spending billions.

Selling the UKs gold reserves, thus wasting almost 10 billion pounds

Immigration !!

Denying the uk populace a vote on the Lisbon Treaty

etc etc etc

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Based on the above and on my experience of Governments of varying complexion since the days when "We've never had it so good"... they are all, without exception, self serving, lying, thieving scumbags who should be stood up against a convenient wall & shot.

Though I have a soft spot for Tony Benn coz he wrote a nice letter to my mum.
    WHS
    (Tony Benn didn't write a nice letter to my Mum) but he did catch me taking his picture with my phone on a train once.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I certainly don't (overall); which is sad as I will be voting for them - they'll be better on some stuff and worse on some.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
    Are we at the point where the next general election is a done deal? Is it just a matter of time before we get rid of the NL project?

I'm loving this quote from the Telegraph comments. I just had to share it:

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucy View Post
    As opposed to the 'proper' Labour party full of communist whinging scumbags whose first response to Thatcher was take Britain out of the Western Alliance (NATO & EEC) and be neutral to communism (between the Soviet empire and the USA). Fundamentally Evil.
    And all proposed by the aforementioned Mr Benn (and that puppet fool Micchael Foot). Do keep up...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X