• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Boomed!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Boomed!"

Collapse

• Bear
    replied
    Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
    NIC??

Anyone here paying themselve in divs only?
    I doubt it - it's not very tax efficient paying divis only.

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied
    NIC??

Anyone here paying themselve in divs only?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by Bear View Post
    Wasn't on the bench - 'twas a renewal. Can't afford to be on the bench at the mo - new house, new baby, new car.

Hence why I accepted a renewal without mentioning a rate rise!
    Well done!

I don't know about this doomed caper but in the gym last night two finance chaps "another house sold 1.2m and such n such for 800k' but "you can't get a mortgage these days", the other proclaims. "someone buying them", says the other...

Meanwhile I'm strapping on my nikes thinking... boy do I love contracting

Leave a comment:

• moorfield
    replied

Wot we like to hear.

Leave a comment:

• Bear
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    For how long were you on the bench B?

This is my 3rd day on the bench and I'm freaking out here, I've only had 4 phone calls today.
    Wasn't on the bench - 'twas a renewal. Can't afford to be on the bench at the mo - new house, new baby, new car.

Hence why I accepted a renewal without mentioning a rate rise!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Contract just got renewed today!

Edit: Oh yeah - just remembered that yesterday I also got a letter from HMRC saying I had overpaid my NIC contributions by £120.

Edit 2: Oh - and I'm picking up my new (old, but new to me) car later today

Well done!

Leave a comment:

• Bear
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Nice!

A good day for bears, it appears
    I misread that as 'A good day for beers, it appears'

Cheers Nick - I think it is. On your suggestion I shall be partaking of either a Tanglefoot or an Old Speckled Hen when I arrive home.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    For how long were you on the bench B?

This is my 3rd day on the bench and I'm freaking out here, I've only had 4 phone calls today.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied

Edit: Oh yeah - just remembered that yesterday I also got a letter from HMRC saying I had overpaid my NIC contributions by £120.

Nice!

A good day for bears, it appears

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Congrats fella.

I have a couple of meetings this week to discuss some further potential projects.

toot toot.

Leave a comment:

• Bear
    started a topic Boomed!

Boomed!

Last edited by Bear; 3 June 2008, 09:34.

Working...
X