• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Somebody, put me out of my misery....."

Collapse

• Masher
    replied
    Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    1. Doing objectives for PDR.
    Towards the end of my time as a permie I was given a glossy A4 lever arch file with specially printed section dividers for my Personal Development Plan.
    I only ever put one phrase in it viz "Stop gibbering when coding in SAS".

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by bobsyouruncle View Post
    Think yourself lucky wilmslow, where I used to work a number of people were told to come in on a bank holiday....only to be told they were being made redundant and sent home again
    I think you are giving Wilmslow's creator ideas for the next twist in the story.

Leave a comment:

• bobsyouruncle
    replied
    Think yourself lucky wilmslow, where I used to work a number of people were told to come in on a bank holiday....only to be told they were being made redundant and sent home again

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    But why moan on contractor board - apart from giving us a good laugh?

Perhaps if we all pushed him at the same time...
    Yup, he'd implode!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by miffy View Post
    The mind boggles.

I'm still not convinced he's real. The only thing I am convinced about is that I won't go back to permie land anytime soon. So I am thankful for his reminder of how carp things really are as a resident permie.

Cheers Wilmslow!

<<canned laughter>>
    The exploits seem to incredible to be true. If not real - then someone has a very intricate imagination. Hats off to them! Mind you, my son is like that (imagination not Wilmslow) and I think he has asberbgers.

Leave a comment:

• miffy
    replied

The mind boggles.

I'm still not convinced he's real. The only thing I am convinced about is that I won't go back to permie land anytime soon. So I am thankful for his reminder of how carp things really are as a resident permie.

Cheers Wilmslow!

<<canned laughter>>

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by miffy View Post
    He's kinda the perfect permie really.

All they do is moan. They won't quit their jobs though. Just keep moaning until they are pushed.

Leave a comment:

• miffy
    replied
    You accepted the job just a couple of months ago

He's kinda the perfect permie really.

All they do is moan. They won't quit their jobs though. Just keep moaning until they are pushed.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Work in a retail HO.

They do not really see the stores as separate to the head office, therein lies the problem.

Holidays are mad - 20 days per year, but they hold 5 back and pay you the 5 days when you leave. Mad. You can only use 5 in first 6 months - any more, and you have to buy the days. You get an extra 6 or so for the bank hols, your choice if you work them or use the holidays on other dates.

This is a firm that needs dragging into the 21st century!

You accepted the job just a couple of months ago

Leave a comment:

• BA to the Stars
    replied
    Damn these firms which force you to take a permie job 50 odd miles away from home.

I take it you are Morrisons or somewhere like that. Never mind, you could always stack shelves.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    And you're just the man to do it!

Oh, hang on...

Leave a comment:

• Wilmslow
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    I have never heard of an office job which entailed working on a BH.

Wilmslow are you sure you don't work in McDonalds or B&Q?
    Work in a retail HO.

They do not really see the stores as separate to the head office, therein lies the problem.

Holidays are mad - 20 days per year, but they hold 5 back and pay you the 5 days when you leave. Mad. You can only use 5 in first 6 months - any more, and you have to buy the days. You get an extra 6 or so for the bank hols, your choice if you work them or use the holidays on other dates.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post

I dis once work 24 hours straight at clientco - but I did get 3 days wages for it.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Somebody, put me out of my misery
    our

Like shooting fish from a barrel....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X