• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Somebody, put me out of my misery.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Work in a retail HO.

They do not really see the stores as separate to the head office, therein lies the problem.

Holidays are mad - 20 days per year, but they hold 5 back and pay you the 5 days when you leave. Mad. You can only use 5 in first 6 months - any more, and you have to buy the days. You get an extra 6 or so for the bank hols, your choice if you work them or use the holidays on other dates.

This is a firm that needs dragging into the 21st century!

You accepted the job just a couple of months ago

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      You accepted the job just a couple of months ago

He's kinda the perfect permie really.

All they do is moan. They won't quit their jobs though. Just keep moaning until they are pushed.
      Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by miffy View Post
        He's kinda the perfect permie really.

All they do is moan. They won't quit their jobs though. Just keep moaning until they are pushed.
        But why moan on contractor board - apart from giving us a good laugh?

Perhaps if we all pushed him at the same time...

Comment

The mind boggles.

I'm still not convinced he's real. The only thing I am convinced about is that I won't go back to permie land anytime soon. So I am thankful for his reminder of how carp things really are as a resident permie.

Cheers Wilmslow!

<<canned laughter>>
          Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by miffy View Post
            The mind boggles.

I'm still not convinced he's real. The only thing I am convinced about is that I won't go back to permie land anytime soon. So I am thankful for his reminder of how carp things really are as a resident permie.

Cheers Wilmslow!

<<canned laughter>>
            The exploits seem to incredible to be true. If not real - then someone has a very intricate imagination. Hats off to them! Mind you, my son is like that (imagination not Wilmslow) and I think he has asberbgers.

Comment

Yup, he'd implode!

Comment

Think yourself lucky wilmslow, where I used to work a number of people were told to come in on a bank holiday....only to be told they were being made redundant and sent home again

Comment

Originally posted by bobsyouruncle View Post
                  Think yourself lucky wilmslow, where I used to work a number of people were told to come in on a bank holiday....only to be told they were being made redundant and sent home again
                  I think you are giving Wilmslow's creator ideas for the next twist in the story.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
                    1. Doing objectives for PDR.
                    Towards the end of my time as a permie I was given a glossy A4 lever arch file with specially printed section dividers for my Personal Development Plan.
                    I only ever put one phrase in it viz "Stop gibbering when coding in SAS".

Comment

Working...
                    X