• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Police Drivers

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Police Drivers"

Collapse

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    How does that work? I thought that the whole idea of the siren and warning lights is for them to be pretty obvious. If nobody noticed them being on then it kind of suggests that they probably were not on then.
    Yeah, I'm a bit puzzled by that as well. Why SHOULD they have been on ?
    Is the suggestion that the car was driving in the dark with no lights ?
    These number plate recognition thingy ping off all the time, they make a different tone depending on the perps record. One tone for a burglar, one tone for violent another for a paedo etc.

As far as the middle class being anti police is concerned, it was the fking speed cameras that did it for me

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Yeah, in theory. Now dig up a few cases where this has happened (if you can) and I'll find 10 times as many where copper got off.
    Heather Mills?

Yup, I agree. But that's a different issue altogether.

As for the middle-classes hating the Police, what do you expect? We're a soft target!

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    It doesn't matter if they were on or not.

The Police officer as with other drivers in the emergency services have a duty of care and can be prosecuted for reckless driving. The Blues and two's are not a get out of gaol free card!

Dig your copy of "Roadcraft" out...
    I didn't say that it excused them or not. I was mearly pointing out that if the witnesses cannot say that they were on, and lets be honest a police siren is not exactly discreet, then it sugests to me that they probably were not on.

I saw this on the news last night. They said that the coppers were looking for a stolen car, so it makes sense that they did not have the sirens on at the time.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied

The Police officer as with other drivers in the emergency services have a duty of care and can be prosecuted for reckless driving. The Blues and two's are not a get out of gaol free card!

Yeah, in theory. Now dig up a few cases where this has happened (if you can) and I'll find 10 times as many where copper got off.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    It is of great concern to me that these days most middle classes hate the police
    Why are you so surprised? It's the middle classes that bear the brunt of police injustice and ineptitude.

It seems to me that those who abide by the law get screwed by the law. Those who ignore the law are ignored by the law.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    How does that work? I thought that the whole idea of the siren and warning lights is for them to be pretty obvious. If nobody noticed them being on then it kind of suggests that they probably were not on then.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    She won't. They're already muddying the waters "He said it was unclear whether the car's siren and warning lights were on".

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    WHS

I hate 'em.
    It is of great concern to me that these days most middle classes hate the police - they seem to be just serving the government instead of serving the public.

They could start by making all armed police (those who guard Downing street etc.) part of the army.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    As the police are recruited from the same pool of chavs that they police, are you surprised?

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    Kill a 16-year-old out of criminal carelessness. Zap a protesting friend with a stun gun to make them keep quiet. Then do a whitewash in public and pretend it's all OK. They are operating according to established procedures for the public good.
    WHS

I hate 'em.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    The eyewitnesses said that it didn't even have its headlights on, never mind blue lights.
    That evidence will never be allowed to stand up in court.

B'tards the lot of them.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    he's quite happy with his 2/3rds final salary pension index linked for the rest of his natural life!
    With crime being what it is , I just hope he lives that long

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    She won't. They're already muddying the waters "He said it was unclear whether the car's siren and warning lights were on".
    The eyewitnesses said that it didn't even have its headlights on, never mind blue lights.

Leave a comment:

• scooby
    replied
    agree! run down someone who isnt looking when they step in to the road and you get done. why?

she was probably stoned or under the influence...

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Citizens mostly get the police they deserve. A little less time reading the sun and watching big brother would be good.

Though I do hope this poor girl gets some sort of justice.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X