• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Police Drivers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by expat View Post
    The eyewitnesses said that it didn't even have its headlights on, never mind blue lights.
    That evidence will never be allowed to stand up in court.

B'tards the lot of them.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
      Kill a 16-year-old out of criminal carelessness. Zap a protesting friend with a stun gun to make them keep quiet. Then do a whitewash in public and pretend it's all OK. They are operating according to established procedures for the public good.
      WHS

I hate 'em.

Comment

As the police are recruited from the same pool of chavs that they police, are you surprised?
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
          WHS

I hate 'em.
          It is of great concern to me that these days most middle classes hate the police - they seem to be just serving the government instead of serving the public.

They could start by making all armed police (those who guard Downing street etc.) part of the army.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            She won't. They're already muddying the waters "He said it was unclear whether the car's siren and warning lights were on".
            How does that work? I thought that the whole idea of the siren and warning lights is for them to be pretty obvious. If nobody noticed them being on then it kind of suggests that they probably were not on then.
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
              How does that work? I thought that the whole idea of the siren and warning lights is for them to be pretty obvious. If nobody noticed them being on then it kind of suggests that they probably were not on then.
              It doesn't matter if they were on or not.

The Police officer as with other drivers in the emergency services have a duty of care and can be prosecuted for reckless driving. The Blues and two's are not a get out of gaol free card!

Dig your copy of "Roadcraft" out...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                It is of great concern to me that these days most middle classes hate the police
                Why are you so surprised? It's the middle classes that bear the brunt of police injustice and ineptitude.

It seems to me that those who abide by the law get screwed by the law. Those who ignore the law are ignored by the law.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post

The Police officer as with other drivers in the emergency services have a duty of care and can be prosecuted for reckless driving. The Blues and two's are not a get out of gaol free card!

Yeah, in theory. Now dig up a few cases where this has happened (if you can) and I'll find 10 times as many where copper got off.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post

I didn't say that it excused them or not. I was mearly pointing out that if the witnesses cannot say that they were on, and lets be honest a police siren is not exactly discreet, then it sugests to me that they probably were not on.

I saw this on the news last night. They said that the coppers were looking for a stolen car, so it makes sense that they did not have the sirens on at the time.
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                      Yeah, in theory. Now dig up a few cases where this has happened (if you can) and I'll find 10 times as many where copper got off.
                      Heather Mills?

Yup, I agree. But that's a different issue altogether.

As for the middle-classes hating the Police, what do you expect? We're a soft target!

Comment

Working...
                      X